What's new

Kava Recipe Kava cake! I improved my skill

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula! This Kava cake is going to be fantastic. I'm sitting by the oven now. I used 1/2lb Pana'ewa fresh hydrated Hawaiian root with 1/2 cup coconut oil. I heated the oil and pan and squeezed with my dry strainer. This took at least an hour and left me feeling like I'd done a good job yet didn't get a full extraction. I also broke my strainer, so that impacts future kava ceremonies until I can afford a new one. A box cake with all natural ingredients was selected with one brown egg and a crushed apple. A quarter cup of water was also added before mixing everything together, with a quarter of a powdered nutmeg. The box cake uses barley for a flour and has crystallised ginger pieces - just the right thing for me to pair with kava. I'm going to work in a few minutes, will let you know how this tastes. Yes I'll be eating a large piece hot.

IMG-20201001-151906.jpg

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If there's any way to take a picture for us, please do. I need to see a kava cake.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
It looks beautiful in the sun. Was great flavor. Each piece of the cake feels like one traditional Hawiian shell. Which is quite a bit of Kava. The coconut oil is pretty healthy and so are the other ingredients. @Pu'u O Hoku Ranch it is made with your 'Awa September 16 Pana'ewa.

If the whole cake has 1/4 nutmeg, 1 brown egg, 1 apple, 1/2LB (227g) Pana'ewa fresh root (80% water), 1/2 cup coconut oil then
One piece of cake (Cake/4) is one sixteenth of a nutmeg, 1/4 egg & apple, 1/8th pound or 85 grams of hydrated Pana'ewa, 1/8 cup coconut oil.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
d00d this is awesome. My mind just started racing towards tres leches cake with one of the leches having been used to extract kavalactones.........

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
@Artofkava I like your idea!
"A tres leches cake is a sponge cake—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. When butter is not used, the tres leches cake is very light with many air bubbles. "
I see photos of these online with frosting & berries. I would like to learn more about this recipe.I would probably infuse Kava in the heavy cream. How much of everything do you use to make a tres leches cake? Tell me the recipe please. With mixing and baking instructions.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
"A tres leches cake is a sponge cake—in some recipes, a butter cake—soaked in three kinds of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. When butter is not used, the tres leches cake is very light with many air bubbles. "
I see photos of these online with frosting & berries. I would like to learn more about this recipe.I would probably infuse Kava in the heavy cream. How much of everything do you use to make a tres leches cake? Tell me the recipe please. With mixing and baking instructions.
My Uncle (in law) is Equadorian and is fameous for his tres leches. Ill get it from him and get back to u! Much better than anything i make haha

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
You can make dulce de leche by simmering an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of boiling water. The contents caramelize inside the can. Just inspect your cans and only boil undented, non-rusty cans so you don't have a bomb going off.