What's new

Kava calmness and confidence several days after session

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Hello fellow kava-consumers :D

I've noticed, that when I drink kava, I have a pretty good/calm mental feeling several days after a session. The feeling of waking up after an awesome nights sleep on kava just eliminates all chances of me getting a stressed day, and I'm pretty sure my self-confidence is increased too.

I have heard that kava can cure depressions because of this feeling of well-being and increase in confidence 2-3 days after a session.
This is pretty interesting. Is there anybody who knows something about this 'hangover-calmness' that I refer to? - I'm sure a lot of you have experienced this, but does anybody know if it's because of kavalactones that still are present in the nervous system?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Yeah, there's definitely a residual effect. Whenever I drink Mahakea, in particular, the next day I feel awesome. I think I remember reading that kava clears the body in about 24 hours, so there's definitely residual next day presence of kavalactones. Since it's a change in mindset, I can see that mindset continuing to carry over day after day.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Yeah, there's definitely a residual effect. Whenever I drink Mahakea, in particular, the next day I feel awesome. I think I remember reading that kava clears the body in about 24 hours, so there's definitely residual next day presence of kavalactones. Since it's a change in mindset, I can see that mindset continuing to carry over day after day.
...and that's why kava is freaking awesome. :D

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
Yea I definitely notice next day calming effects. That's the great thing about kava, you don't always have to take it to get the anti anxiety benefits. At least from my personal experience.