What's new

Kava Census 2015

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting census. Seemed to cover all the details. When do you usually close the census and post the results?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thanks greenbeen. Beats me, it's only the second one I've done. Last time I closed it after a month or two. I'm not sure what I will do this time, perhaps leave it open until the next one? There is some stuff that needs to be done by hand, like putting the locations on a map, but there's no reason I couldn't just leave it open and link to the automatically generated form results.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Thanks @kavadude it looks good.

On the "single serving" questions are you referring to one shell or one batch? I make 8tbsp at once but that's 4-5 shells for me. I just divided up my total into "servings" for the census.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
The original language was actually 'session.' So if you make 8tbsp and drink that over the course of like an hour in 5 shells, I'd call that a serving. If you drink that over the course of a day, I'd divide it. This is something I struggled with a bit as 'shells' is of course pretty imprecise language.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
When you submit it it gives you a link to edit your response.

Buuut if you didn't do that, you can submit it again or message me with your changes (be very specific) and I ought to be able to edit it.

verticity

I'm interested in things
The original language was actually 'session.' So if you make 8tbsp and drink that over the course of like an hour in 5 shells, I'd call that a serving. If you drink that over the course of a day, I'd divide it. This is something I struggled with a bit as 'shells' is of course pretty imprecise language.
Yeah, that might be a point of confusion. I put 2 tbsp per "serving", but per "session" it would be like 8 tbsp.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Urk, I really hate making changes to this after making it live, but I understand the confusion. Based on that, I've added an additional question for how much kava you use in a day. Hopefully that will be a little clearer. So serving would be however *you* divide that up, if you make 10 tablespoons and drink it in 5 shells throughout the day, it would be 2 tablespoons per serving. Past that, just use your best judgment.

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
Didn't the last census ask about what you prefer to strain your kava in, e.g. Fijian strainer bag, muslin bag, and so on.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Didn't the last census ask about what you prefer to strain your kava in, e.g. Fijian strainer bag, muslin bag, and so on.
Yeah I omitted that as I really can't think of all the different things people strain them in these days and the answers weren't too varied. (It was about 50% fijian strainer, 25% nylon stockings, 25% other things)

Is there a way to edit the form I previously filled out, or do I need to fill it out again?
When you submit it it gives you a link to edit your response.

Buuut if you didn't do that, you can submit it again or message me with your changes (be very specific) and I ought to be able to edit it.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I didn't get any type of confirmation after submitting--it just brought me to a new empty form--should I re-do? I also calculated per shell, not per session.