What's new

Kava Census 2016

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Fill it out here: https://census.kavachat.com/

Uses a new application that I wrote. At the moment, it's fairly barebones and not a major improvement over Google Forms. However, in the future I am planning on adding new functionality (for example, graphs computed from answers that correlate dose/frequency and side effects).

Some notes:
- Remember that you don't have to answer questions that don't apply to you. For example, if you haven't taken a blood panel, you don't need to answer the cholesterol question. If you don't make kava traditionally, you don't have to answer those questions, and so on.

Thanks.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

Uses a new application that I wrote. At the moment, it's fairly barebones and not a major improvement over Google Forms. However, in the future I am planning on adding new functionality (for example, graphs computed from answers that correlate dose/frequency and side effects).

Some notes:
- Remember that you don't have to answer questions that don't apply to you. For example, if you haven't taken a blood panel, you don't need to answer the cholesterol question. If you don't make kava traditionally, you don't have to answer those questions, and so on.

Thanks.
1- It would be nice if you included 'fresh' and fresh/frozen' to the way one consumes kava regularly and 2- add 'ceremonial use' / religious use to area where recreational/medicinal is...just a suggestion. I drink fresh and fresh frozen beverage every evening.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Sure. Do you think fresh and fresh/frozen should be separate? I don't think there's much of a potency difference there and presumably people who have regular access to fresh frozen have access to fresh

Bwiggy

I like plants

Thanks.
I am looking for data (spreadsheet or database) projects to do for data visualization, which allow you to explore your data. If you want to share the data at any time... or if it feeds a google sheet, the visualizations can be set up one time and then updated on a manual or scheduled refresh.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Need

I am looking for data (spreadsheet or database) projects to do for data visualization, which allow you to explore your data. If you want to share the data at any time... or if it feeds a google sheet, the visualizations can be set up one time and then updated on a manual or scheduled refresh.
Not sure what you are asking? I'm planning on adding that sort of functionality soon to the already existing visualizations. But I can probably convert the database that I have into some kind of spreadsheet format if people want to mess around with the data further

Bwiggy

I like plants
Not sure what you are asking? I'm planning on adding that sort of functionality soon to the already existing visualizations. But I can probably convert the database that I have into some kind of spreadsheet format if people want to mess around with the data further
Yeah, I just would like to see the actual data, in the data format and make some data visualizations from it. I can use spreadsheets, .txt, and database.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
So here is a short list of things I am going to change when I update the census, which I will probably have time to do later this month, mostly for my own reference, let me know if there is any other suggestions
- Add a question about heavy alcohol consumption in relation to reverse tolerance
- Ask whether people wish they could spend more on kava, is kava too expensive, budgeting, etc.
- Add correlation graphs
- Get the data into a format that is usable for people who want to mess with it (it is presently in a non-relational database and probably not usable for anyone without some work)

Reactions: EQ

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Also to add: questions about food consumption in relation to kava consumption. Add weight loss as a side effect.

Look up what percentage of peoples cholesterol is outside the reference range. (Currently we have about 30% people reporting high cholesterol in blood tests, but it occurs to me that this % is pretty much meaningless without knowing what it is in the general population).

Last edited: