What's new

Kava Contest #3

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, it's time for the 3rd Kava Contest. This one is going to be a hard one to identify so take your time and have fun. notice the young stalk and the old mature stalks and the difference. Free kava to all who guess this kava variety right. Good luck to you all.
Aloha nui loa.

Chris

Last edited:

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Shakas may be right. This has been an interesting chance to study.
So what would we normally know this kava as?
Fig. 6.1. Rahmwanger from Pohnpei, FSM, is distinguished by its bright green color and the fact that its spots fade as the plant ages.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Are spots dependent on variety? Cause kumakua has similar structure but far less spots typically. I don't know shit so don't know why I'm involving myself....haha

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I think there were some replies on the other thread. I know @Blippy5 also went with Nene. Not sure who else spoke up on the other thread.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
@Kimmer thats because it was clearly the proper thread. This one is a poor duplicate;)

Edit: oh it looks like the other one was deleted. Yes I said nene.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi folks, I am sorry but I accidentally made 2 of the same threads so I deleted one, if any of your posts were deleted then please repost them, there are a lot of good guess's, keep up all the good work and guessing. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I was thinking since I know this might be a hard one, since the first 2 contests were so easy so I will say this, it is not Nene.
Keep up the good guess's, aloha.

Chris

steevy66

Kava Curious
I'm gonna guess it's Opihikao.

*edit Oops! I posted my answer to the second contest in this thread! That's what 3 shells of Loa Waka gets me :) Oh well I was too late for contest #2 My guess for contest #3 is Hanakapi,Ai!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I was thinking since I know this might be a hard one, since the first 2 contests were so easy so I will say this, it is not Nene.
Keep up the good guess's, aloha.

Chris
Chris, it's just a dainty little unassuming Isa plant, you know where to send the winnings ::awesomesmiles::