What's new

Kava Preparation Kava dans un sac? le AluBag!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Sac-ré bleu!
Je le fais aussi quand je suis pressé de faire du kava. Plus grande capacité et n'obstrue pas comme la balle.
Pros:

1. Cheap. You just need a small cloth bag, in the video I use an old recycled mayo jar.

2. Works fast. Ready in about 10 seconds on the first wash, maybe 30 on the second.

3. Simplicity

4. You can use with an AluBall - never throw out a broken AluBall, you can just put your kava in the broken AluBall, then put the AluBall in the AluBag, tie it up and you are good to go.

Cons:

1. It is really hard to get the makas out when you want to put them in the freezer for later. The makas material sticks to the inside of the cloth bag and you don't salvage as much.

2. Bags are muckier than AluBalls.

3. You have to really make sure you tie that string nice and tight.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Pros:

1. Cheap. You just need a small cloth bag, in the video I use an old recycled mayo jar.

2. Works fast. Ready in about 10 seconds on the first wash, maybe 30 on the second.

3. Simplicity

4. You can use with an AluBall - never throw out a broken AluBall, you can just put your kava in the broken AluBall, then put the AluBall in the AluBag, tie it up and you are good to go.

Cons:

1. It is really hard to get the makas out when you want to put them in the freezer for later. The makas material sticks to the inside of the cloth bag and you don't salvage as much.

2. Bags are muckier than AluBalls.

3. You have to really make sure you tie that string nice and tight.
When I do this I use a nylon straining bag (from Cactus kava), which has a smooth texture so the makas sticking isn't really an issue. The drawstring is convenient for tying it off; the only mildly tricky part is untying the knot at the end.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Great idea. I sort of do a similar thing for making terere (cold yerba mate).

Feswan, yu putum klin bag insaed lo wan pija blo dring. Strejem maot blo bag i go aotsaed lo maot blo pija. Sakem ol yerba mate, herb mo wota insaed lo bag, ale sarem lid blo pija antap blem. Sekem lelebet mo spelem lo fridge. Taem yerba i redi yu yu save karemaot bag isi wetem makas i stap insaed. Sori from stori i no franis ;)

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Je parle le français mais pas bien. Je te comprends!
My iPhone and GPS are in français, as I lost a lot of it after so many years in NY. I never did learn Spanish though. No desire any longer!
LOVE the method! Not the clean up. ;)

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
As someone who failed to learn French on at least four occasions, I find this very upsetting.
Hilarious and sort of same here. :)
Krunkie, this video is just great. I was able to follow along, and your ideas about kava are so interesting! I'm glad to see you looking well. Hope you're doing ok with your health.