What's new

kava edibles

Grant Moore

Don't be in a hurry to go no where.
Has anyone ever had any success with making kava edibles? I've had plenty of success with making my own concentrates, but I've been to wary of making them into to baked goods because of the fear of wasting precious root. Any suggestions?

Grant Moore

I think square rut kava bar sells kavalactone brownies or something like that.
Cool, I'll give it a look. I've pondered on the idea of putting it in jello or something similar since it would dissolve at a faster rate once consumed. I think brownies and other baked goods just tend to absorb the kavalactones.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Cool, I'll give it a look. I've pondered on the idea of putting it in jello or something similar since it would dissolve at a faster rate once consumed. I think brownies and other baked goods just tend to absorb the kavalactones.
Mormon kava edibles...I like the sound of that!

Grant Moore

Mormon kava edibles...I like the sound of that!
I will corner the market! Lol, but yeah. I got some micro coming in from ghk. I've had luck with a ever clear extraction that I evaporated. (I know Mormons aren't supposed to consume alcohol but I'm pretty sure the processes I use gets rid of most of it. Just in case any of our Mormon friends may be concerned. Lol) I think I'll do that and mix the end product with some jello. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Grant Moore

You just do it like hash I assume .
Just mix strain and evap?
I'll mix the root with the ever clear and let it sit at least 24 hours. Shaking occasionally. Then I'll put it in a blender and mix it for about 5 minutes. That step you gotta be carefully with though because your blender could explode due to alcohol having such a low boil point. Then I let it sit 30 minutes. After that I'll bring it up to about 120 f on top of the stove for another 5 minutes and let it cool. Then I knead it like regular kava strain and leave out on the counter to dehydrate. It takes a while but it's worth it

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'll mix the root with the ever clear and let it sit at least 24 hours. Shaking occasionally. Then I'll put it in a blender and mix it for about 5 minutes. That step you gotta be carefully with though because your blender could explode due to alcohol having such a low boil point. Then I let it sit 30 minutes. After that I'll bring it up to about 120 f on top of the stove for another 5 minutes and let it cool. Then I knead it like regular kava strain and leave out on the counter to dehydrate. It takes a while but it's worth it
Do you use the lowest setting/speed on the blender?

blindy107

Kava Lover
I tried to make a kava majoun. Majoun is essentially MJ toasted in butter then mixed with honey and nuts and rolled into candy. Moroccan dish.

I tried the most mild instant kava I had, coconut oil and some coconut flakes and macadamia nuts and honey. Kept it semi tropical. Fuggin nasty. Couldn't even eat it all.

Bear-Shirt

Kava Enthusiast
Dates and skinned almonds. Make a paste. Cut some almonds into chunks to your liking for a bit of chew. You can put practically anything into this and it will taste wonderful and does not require heating.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
You could probably put together some good stuff if you had an affordable source of CO2 extract with no additives, but that doesn't presently exist. Maybe in another decade or so

Vinestal

Kava Curious
I was hoping to try putting some in brownies but sounds like it wouldn't work out to well. Ugh! Why does this stuff have to be so nasty tasting? I can't find a way to hide it.