What's new

Kava for sale on Ebay

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I cant believe people sell this stuff. That is pure kava stem powder with probably leaves. I can tell just from the color of it. 90 sold already. This is the stuff which will get kava banned in the US..

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This review on the same listing makes my skin crawl.
kava kava for dogs

Kava Kava is suggested for fits, there is some confusion about its legality.I use Kava Kava on my dog a 2 year old collie who has just started having fits. Dont knock it,it seams to work with no ill effects.I believe its widely used in other cultures to induce a spiritual state. I do not know weather my dog has reached that yet but it really does seam to help with relaxation therefore reducing the fitting.
Edit: I see it ships from Pleasant View, TN. I'll run over this weekend and check on the kava farms out in Pleasant View. I'm sure they're magnificent.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
There is 1 thing that many forum members here dont know about kava stems (the bad stuff). The picture for the ebay one i've posted clearly shows unpeeled stems by its color, its a different kind of dark (greenish black type). You also can have really milky and nice colored looking kava also being 100% stems and branches. Those are peeled stems and branches which are referred as "white kasa". It looks good but is still bad for health in the long run. Countless exporters here use that to reduce their costs and make more profit off their sale or barely make profit since the importer isnt prepared to pay a good price for the kava. Im not trying to discourage but your main concern with fijian kava's shouldnt be with its nobility - it will always test noble with stems and leaves too. You should be more worried about the composition of the kava something which is very difficult to identify.

Edit: I dont know about US vendors but i can guarantee NZ is getting the bulk of this white kasa

Last edited:

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
There is 1 thing that many forum members here dont know about kava stems (the bad stuff). The picture for the ebay one i've posted clearly shows unpeeled stems by its color, its a different kind of dark (greenish black type). You also can have really milky and nice colored looking kava also being 100% stems and branches. Those are peeled stems and branches which are referred as "white kasa". It looks good but is still bad for health in the long run. Countless exporters here use that to reduce their costs and make more profit off their sale or barely make profit since the importer isnt prepared to pay a good price for the kava. Im not trying to discourage but your main concern with fijian kava's shouldnt be with its nobility - it will always test noble with stems and leaves too. You should be more worried about the composition of the kava something which is very difficult to identify.

Edit: I dont know about US vendors but i can guarantee NZ is getting the bulk of this white kasa
I'm not so sure peeled upper stem is toxic... or at least I haven't read anything scientific that says so. It's the leaves and peelings that are definitely to be avoided.
That said, it would be pretty low in kl... probably under 2-3% so not efficacious. If unscrupulous vendors are using filler in their product, better it be peeled stem rather than peelings, unpeeled stem, non-kava plant matter, flour, or something worse.

Would love to be corrected if I'm wrong about this.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
This review on the same listing makes my skin crawl.

Edit: I see it ships from Pleasant View, TN. I'll run over this weekend and check on the kava farms out in Pleasant View. I'm sure they're magnificent.
Hahahahaha. How absurd. I remember when I used to work at a health food store there was a lady who would buy "oxygenated water" for her cats. It was like $5 a liter.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hahahahaha. How absurd. I remember when I used to work at a health food store there was a lady who would buy "oxygenated water" for her cats. It was like $5 a liter.
hahaha
I mean....cats, I'm pretty sure, can't live without oxygen. If no oxygen = no life, then more than one oxygen = better life...more lives even! Thumbs up to that logic! (y)

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I'm not so sure peeled upper stem is toxic... or at least I haven't read anything scientific that says so. It's the leaves and peelings that are definitely to be avoided.
That said, it would be pretty low in kl... probably under 2-3% so not efficacious. If unscrupulous vendors are using filler in their product, better it be peeled stem rather than peelings, unpeeled stem, non-kava plant matter, flour, or something worse.

Would love to be corrected if I'm wrong about this.
Oh i assumed it was toxic.. But that has been the main component used as fillers for export here in fiji from what i have seen. There are some that use unpeeled ones but again its hard to identify from looking at powder only. Veterans will be able to tell through potency of the kava i guess