What's new

Kava habit costs rising for us Canadians!

steevy66

Kava Curious
As our loonie sinks lower vs. the green back (under 70 cents today and predicted to drop to under 60), to my dismay I find the cost of my beloved kava habit is becoming more and more exorbitant. When I first discovered this amazing root and started enjoying it regularly in 2013 our dollar was on par with the US dollar so not such a big deal but now said habit is costing 30% more and I'm feeling the pinch :bigmoney::bigmoney::bigmoney:

Due to Health Canada restrictions banning importation of Kava for resale, our only way to purchase kava is through US based sellers. Considering that and the fact we have a newly elected Trudeau Liberal government with a different approach in loosely related matters as it pertains to substances with both recreational and medicinal value and their impact on public health (planned legalization and regulation of ca***bis). Perhaps the time is ripe to start a letter writing campaign to the Health Minister to revisit these restrictions?

With the plethora of information concerning tudei vs. noble, FKB, the testing efforts of TK Labs, and loads of anecdotal accounts of liver tests being clean, etc. the time has never been more ripe IMHO.

I realize that any enterprises looking to import kava into Canada wholesale to set up shop as a seller would still face higher costs as they would certainly still be purchasing in US currency but could this somewhat be mitigated by the volume being bought? Anyways even if the cost savings were negligible just the shipping cost and time reduction would be greatly appreciated! As of now the only reseller I know of that ships in Canada is Amazon.ca and they only carry some Kalm with Kava strains. I usually just order direct from KWK as I believe they get a bum deal from Amazon anyways...

I'm interested in hearing other opinions from my fellow Canucks, in the mean time I'll keep enjoying my shells of KWK Loa Waka and Pouni Ono and keep saving up for the occasional golden bag from Chris @ GHK. I appreciate you and all of the vendors and your diligence in providing an amazing product and top notch customer service

Bula!::shell::

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Same problem in the UK, GBP is losing against the USD strongly too at the moment.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
HI Steevy I am In Vancouver and I have just received some wonderful, fresh Noble Kava from Tonga. You can visit my website at thekavaroots.com or send me an email at [email protected]. I can give you a more reasonable Canadian price and if you are in Vancouver you could pick up and save on shipping. Bula