What's new

Kava in Teen Novels

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I am glad I read that. Is the rest of the book about Kava also? It makes me curious if your young reader has tried this tea yet! I want to share this passage with some whom I'm introducing to Kava to show that it does appear in fictional literature, however I do not feel so strongly about Kava's mythical ability to cause "hallucinations" or "drunkenness" and wish to limit misinformation.

This passage does a fine job describing the tranquil and safe nature of Kava. Thank you!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I am glad I read that. Is the rest of the book about Kava also? It makes me curious if your young reader has tried this tea yet! I want to share this passage with some whom I'm introducing to Kava to show that it does appear in fictional literature, however I do not feel so strongly about Kava's mythical ability to cause "hallucinations" or "drunkenness" and wish to limit misinformation.

This passage does a fine job describing the tranquil and safe nature of Kava. Thank you!
No the rest of the book is not about kava. I have not read the book(s) but know of them through my kids. It is a young adult sci-fi series. No she has not tried kava. She just thought it was interesting knowing that I drink it. My kids refer to it as my mud water.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I'm sure the locals love the taste of Kava even more than I do... If you can imagine that!!!!!!

Zaphod: It's great to read, I'm glad! As for myself right now, I would read the book only if it is about Kava.

Last edited:

jim lahey

Shamanic Herbalist
I also take issue with them saying that it might cause hallucinations I want whatever kava they had in that book.