What's new

Kava in the sun

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
That color looks super thick and tasty, especially for an Aluball grog. I wonder if the Kava Supreme has a grind on it specifically tailored for the Aluball.. :pompus:

I try to use traditional prep whenever I can, because i generally like it better, but I NEVER go anywhere without my ball. Better have and not need, than go without kava in a pinch.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Imthink it looks better than it Was. I was in a hurry and its only a dessert spoon. So quite thin.
I save the makas after a couple of washes , freeze them and then trad prep once a week.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
@Pauluk do you put milk in it like @Edward and others? that might demystify things for me.
Ah, you kmow what? I havent for ages, as it didnt seem to make any difference. But as i was in a hurry today
I did put a splash of milk in just in case it might potentiate. Only anoutnthe same that you would put in a mug of tea
But no doubt its made it look a lot thicker.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Ah, you kmow what? I havent for ages, as it didnt seem to make any difference. But as i was in a hurry today
I did put a splash of milk in just in case it might potentiate. Only anoutnthe same that you would put in a mug of tea
But no doubt its made it look a lot thicker.
Try something for me then. Drink your kava as usual without the milk and then 30 mins after your last shell drink a glass of milk and see what happens?

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
@Edward I can take you up on that as well, but no way I'd put more that the teeniest splash of milk in my grog. Idk how u do it. Even chuggs won't chug milk. That's a corner of YouTube you will never find me in

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward I can take you up on that as well, but no way I'd put more that the teeniest splash of milk in my grog. Idk how u do it. Even chuggs won't chug milk. That's a corner of YouTube you will never find me in
Well it's a long story. I saw a video on youtube where a guy used it and read somewhere else about someone adding milk. I didn't think much about it but I noticed a few times if I drank milk in the morning I would get a huge kava rush from out of nowhere. I guessed that my body wasn't using all of the kava at the time and so it was just hanging around waiting to be activated. When I added milk to the mix I found it stronger, maybe an extraction thing, maybe just an immediate potentiation thing but it definitely makes a difference for me. So everyone else thinks I'm weird, I can live with that :)