What's new

kava interactions with certain things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Does anyone have any experience of kava interactions with Echinacea or injectable testosterone? Thanks

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I can't imagine that it would have any interactions with injectable testosterone unless it's somehow different from the testosterone made in peoples bodies.

I know @yepimonfire is on testosterone and I don't recall him ever having any issues, but he hasn't posted here in awhile

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I can't imagine that it would have any interactions with injectable testosterone unless it's somehow different from the testosterone made in peoples bodies.

I know @yepimonfire is on testosterone and I don't recall him ever having any issues, but he hasn't posted here in awhile
No problems noticed. Injectable testosterone is generally attached to an ester such as cypionate to allow it to release slowly, what metabolism this ester goes through it don't know but the liver slowly cleaves it off, releasing the testosterone. I have no idea what substrate cypionate is to the liver or which CYP450 enzyme is responsible for it, assuming it's a substrate to one of the enzymes kava inhibits, this could slow the release and lower blood levels of testosterone cleaved from the ester. Come to think of it I once tested with a blood testosterone level lower than expected whilst consuming kava but I chalked it up to an underdosed formulation.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I would do a before and after blood test as I'm interested in seeing the effect considering my previous experience. I no longer use testosterone and very infrequently use kava or I'd test myself.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Care to elaborate on your experience?
I'll chime in since I've been on trt before. Low testosterone is awful. Sex drive goes down, motivation goes down, drive and that "manly" feeling goes away. On trt, within a few weeks you feel like a new man. Confident, driven, happier, more sex drive and energy, better sleep and even better health. Remember how good you felt when you got a surge of testosterone as a teen going through puberty? Imagine experiencing that all over again.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Care to elaborate on your experience?
Well it's costly honestly cheaper to just buy the stuff from a gym muscle head, but I ain't putting anything in my body that I'm not 100% sure of well accept for BHK. As we age as man testosterone goes down it just sucks, don't have as good energy, injuries pile up. After trt you just feel alive, Better, stronger, faster, energy. It's like being 20 again but not being as stupid. I honestly believe men after their 30s should be on trt or hgh or something it just improves your quality of life.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Well it's costly honestly cheaper to just buy the stuff from a gym muscle head, but I ain't putting anything in my body that I'm not 100% sure of well accept for BHK. As we age as man testosterone goes down it just sucks, don't have as good energy, injuries pile up. After trt you just feel alive, Better, stronger, faster, energy. It's like being 20 again but not being as stupid. I honestly believe men after their 30s should be on trt or hgh or something it just improves your quality of life.
Yeah. As someone who pays cash for all medical care, testosterone gel was $400... no way i can afford that, quit taking it because I moved to a state with strict laws regarding anabolic androgenic steroids so unless I can find a doc willing to let me fill a script for injectables and inject myself (most docs want you to visit weekly for a poke and charge you your firstborn), I'm just gonna deal with low testosterone. Giving yourself injections is really easy unless you're willfully ignorant of proper technique and sterile procedures. Just basic measurement, sterile needle, a thoroughly sanitized injection site, and only poke the upper lateral thigh with a 1" 25-27g needle and you're good to go.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah. As someone who pays cash for all medical care, testosterone gel was $400... no way i can afford that, quit taking it because I moved to a state with strict laws regarding anabolic androgenic steroids so unless I can find a doc willing to let me fill a script for injectables and inject myself (most docs want you to visit weekly for a poke and charge you your firstborn), I'm just gonna deal with low testosterone. Giving yourself injections is really easy unless you're willfully ignorant of proper technique and sterile procedures. Just basic measurement, sterile needle, a thoroughly sanitized injection site, and only poke the upper lateral thigh with a 1" 25-27g needle and you're good to go.

Well there is other shit you can do to help with test that isnt super costly. Have your thyroid checked, make sure you sre getting enough vitamin d that shit seriously works, large amounts of zinc less than 50 mg a day and take a day or so off every weekish, compound workouts ECT. It doesnt come close to test but it helps. I remember in the 90s you could get hgh for hella cheap sadly that isnt the case anymore.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Well there is other shit you can do to help with test that isnt super costly. Have your thyroid checked, make sure you sre getting enough vitamin d that shit seriously works, large amounts of zinc less than 50 mg a day and take a day or so off every weekish, compound workouts ECT. It doesnt come close to test but it helps. I remember in the 90s you could get hgh for hella cheap sadly that isnt the case anymore.
Clomiphene, tamoxifen, and toremifene (my personal favorite, made my LH double the highest range) can also be used to reboot testosterone production, which can be suppressed by diet, lack of sleep, phytoestrogens, stress, and of course, discontinuation of exogenous testosterone administration. Being overweight will also put many men on the low end of the scale, since subcutaneous fat converts testosterone to estrogen, and estrogen tells the brain to put a choke on testosterone production.

Status
Not open for further replies.