What's new

Kava makes me sensitive to everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noname

I ate some food which has junk in it like almost all food these days. I noticed I'm reacting to the preservatives more than usual. How do you stop this?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Do you think you could give us more information? What type of reaction?

Last edited:

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I think I know what you mean. Eating things like ice cream after kava makes me feel disgusting.

N

Noname

Do you think you could give us more information? What type of reaction?
Well I had some chicken and it had toxic salt in it. Salt mixed along with other mad scientist stuff on the Ingredients. It's not a big deal since i barely eat stuff like that but kava makes me more sensitive and I got brain fog and a little disoriented. And few days ago ate some fruit that had pesticides and reacted more than usual got a small headache.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
When we drink alcohol with kava idk if you have tried it but if I have kava first and then switch to alchohol I immediately get a flush. The alcohol can't be absorbed and is sent to the skin and head causing heat symptoms and redness.

I've also consumed kava and then had signs of liver inflammation. Aka anger for no reason and treated it successfully with liver cooling herbs like dandelion root and burdock.
Pesticides are toxic when they aren't digested properly.. the idea of a toxin was created long before pesticides and the industrial revolution existed . Anything that gets stuck becomes toxic to the body because the body needs to constantly be recycling energy .. energy that is trapped becomes toxic material.
If you don't digest food properly it doesn't get broken down before it enters the blood stream as a whole protein and this becomes the basis for autoimmune disease because those whole proteins are identical almost in shape to tissues in our body causing confusion to the immune system.

Sorry that was long but it shows about the idea that if we properly metabolize and eliminate our food pesticides won't harm us as much or at all

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Another way to put it is that if we can't consume alcohol which works the same as a poison then with kava you can't consume other poisons as well without them being flushed upward. I highly recommend using milk thistle or other liver cooling herbs

kalmia_latifolia

Dad, scientist, gardener, living in the SE USA
Well I had some chicken and it had toxic salt in it. Salt mixed along with other mad scientist stuff on the Ingredients. It's not a big deal since i barely eat stuff like that but kava makes me more sensitive and I got brain fog and a little disoriented. And few days ago ate some fruit that had pesticides and reacted more than usual got a small headache.
I'd be careful about identifying specific food additives as the cause of your problems. It may have more to do with eating in general, or even be unrelated to the food (correlation != causation). You might actually want to do an experiment and have your friend give you unwashed organic and conventional apples (of the same variety, say, both granny smith), without telling you which is which, separated by 30 minutes. See if you get a headache from the conventional one.

I also think that kava makes me more sensitive to caffeine and alcohol, in a way that isn't so fun. I've never noticed any interactions with food.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah milk thistle is a good thing for kava side effects in general. I have never noticed issue with fruit of any kind. It's junk food like high fat and sugar stuff that causes a yucky feeling with kava for me.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I've been taking it the past few days and I have to agree .. I was krunk yesterday as I fell asleep and this morning I feel a lot better than I usually would lol I wonder if it speeds up the metabolism of the heavy kls

Status
Not open for further replies.