What's new

Kava not effecting me lately ...

Happy G

Kava Curious
So I have been drinking kava for years and years but recently . All the sudden my body just doesn’t react to kava that much I always have to take tons of it to get a light effect that quickly goes away . Has anyone else had this problem ? The only thing I have done different is I recently have been taking K@ in the morning , does K@ make kava weaker in some way ? , I take K@ at like 830 am and I usually do my kava session at 430 pm so there’s plenty of time in between but I think it’s killing my kava sessions some how anyone else have this happen ?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I don't know about that K@ but I have had a couple of spells where kava stopped working for me temporarily. I found the only fix was to keep going with the ultra doses until one day it blows you away. Maybe try some micronised for a while to give you a bit of a blast?

Happy G

Kava Curious
I don't know about that K@ but I have had a couple of spells where kava stopped working for me temporarily. I found the only fix was to keep going with the ultra doses until one day it blows you away. Maybe try some micronised for a while to give you a bit of a blast?
Thanks Edward ,I have never tried micronised but have always been interested in trying some. I will give them a go , is there any micronised you would recommend ? Maybe I am just in a rut with kava and I’ll jump out like you said I’ll keep the doses high tell I blast off .

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks Edward ,I have never tried micronised but have always been interested in trying some. I will give them a go , is there any micronised you would recommend ? Maybe I am just in a rut with kava and I’ll jump out like you said I’ll keep the doses high tell I blast off .
Get some BKH 11 yr waka. If you don't feel that you won't feel anything!

Happy G

Kava Curious
I took your advice and just made a super strong batch I took like a cup of kava and made it into three potent shells and drank them back to back starting to feel something it’s pretty decent not like it should be......but decent :) .Dang I just checked out The 11 year Waka and there temporarily out of stock , probably due to a high demand of an amazing product .In the reviews everyone loves this stuff ! , I will check back in a week I defiantly want to try it .

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I can't imagine drinking that much kava and not feeling much. Just a thought but is the kava fresh or have you had it a while? How are you storing it?

Happy G

Kava Curious
I can't imagine drinking that much kava and not feeling much. Just a thought but is the kava fresh or have you had it a while? How are you storing it?
It’s probaly like three to four months old , I just have it in the original bagging sitting on my shelf , I usually don’t seal the bag could that be making it weaker ?

Happy G

Kava Curious
What’s the best way to store it should I put it in a glass jar with a lid ?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It’s probaly like three to four months old , I just have it in the original bagging sitting on my shelf , I usually don’t seal the bag could that be making it weaker ?
It could be having an effect on it. I use plastic air tight boxes, tupperware or similar that seal well.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Ya I will make sure and put it in a air tight container , it’s just kinda weird because the kava I’m using is stone and the first time I took it I only took three tablespoons and it was sooo strong !! Even too strong for me I felt it for like two days , but now it just doesn’t do much doesn’t make sense to me , I’m going to stop taking K@ and see if that’s what was effecting it in some weird way.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Ya I will make sure and put it in a air tight container , it’s just kinda weird because the kava I’m using is stone and the first time I took it I only took three tablespoons and it was sooo strong !! Even too strong for me I felt it for like two days , but now it just doesn’t do much doesn’t make sense to me , I’m going to stop taking K@ and see if that’s what was effecting it in some weird way.
It won't hurt to cut out anything else that could be affecting the kava but I haven't experienced a reduction in effects from taking K@ the same day as kava. They exert their effects through completely different pathways in the body.

Happy G

Kava Curious
It could be a number of things but definitely store the kava better in future in case it was that.
Yes I will be sure to do that I have been pretty lazy with storage ,thanks for the great advice Edward
Bula !
I will update this post if I finally get out of this weird rut where kava is so mild for me I’m gonna try a big dose again tonight , hope I get kavanized ! Woooooo !

Happy G

Kava Curious
It won't hurt to cut out anything else that could be affecting the kava but I haven't experienced a reduction in effects from taking K@ the same day as kava. They exert their effects through completely different pathways in the body.
Yes I know there totally different pathways on the body so It doesn’t make sense to me , maybe it’s my lunch I eat lunch at 12 and wait untell 5 to drink kava so there’s 4 hours of fasting so it kinda on a empty stomach but I have been eating big fast food lunches lately maybe that is effecting it .

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Yes I know there totally different pathways on the body so It doesn’t make sense to me , maybe it’s my lunch I eat lunch at 12 and wait untell 5 to drink kava so there’s 4 hours of fasting so it kinda on a empty stomach but I have been eating big fast food lunches lately maybe that is effecting it .
Does the kava powder still have a strong, fresh scent? Maybe your strainer is getting gummed up/clogged and not letting enough of the larger particles pass through?

I think diet can play a bigger part than just having an empty stomach. Different nutrients are needed to manage levels of various neurotransmitters, etc. When I eat nutrient dense foods, I seem to feel the positive effects from any herb better than when I eat cheap fast food.

Happy G

Kava Curious
Does the kava powder still have a strong, fresh scent? Maybe your strainer is getting gummed up/clogged and not letting enough of the larger particles pass through?

I think diet can play a bigger part than just having an empty stomach. Different nutrients are needed to manage levels of various neurotransmitters, etc. When I eat nutrient dense foods, I seem to feel the positive effects from any herb better than when I eat cheap fast food.
Now that I think of it !! My strainer has been very hard to strain lately I have to squeeze so hard to get the moisture out , how do I unclog my strainer bag do I just wash it well , or is it doomed and I have to get a new one ?

Happy G

Kava Curious

And my diet hasn’t been the best , I’ll add in some fruits and vegetables to see if that will help with creating the neurotransmitters .

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Now that I think of it !! My strainer has been very hard to strain lately I have to squeeze so hard to get the moisture out , how do I unclog my strainer bag do I just wash it well , or is it doomed and I have to get a new one ?
They get worn out after a while but I try to keep them clean with hot water and occasional dish soap until then. It makes a big difference in strength if too much gets blocked.. you end up with mostly just brown, bad tasting water and all the good stuff trapped in the bag.