What's new

Kava paste

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Well I have several rides on the kava train. Last time I did 7 TBSP and felt nothing. After a while, drinking 2 cups of this stuff makes you feel kind of ill. Not puking ill, just from consuming that much dirt water. It's not economically viable as far as a buzz is concerned. To have to use 10 TBSP out of a LB that costs $50 is ridiculous.

I mean I'm not a hard head either. Usually the smallest amount of something kicks my ass. I don't get it.
It seems so many people have this same experience for awhile (even though there's others that don't) and I can understand how it'd be very irritating after putting so much time, effort and cash into this hobby when you've yet to feel the benefits; but sadly if you're preparing the kava properly I can't give any other advice than to use hot water to extract when kneading, and for taste to use ice after it's prepared.;)
Other then that just keep going at it and hopefully the effects will come with more time. (y)
Sorry your experience has been bad so far, this's why the debate of whether or not there really is a reverse tolerance continues to go on; like I said others may not have this issue but some go through *more* then half a pound before they feel anything at all.
Kava's really mysterious in exactly how it works, which leads to a lot of confusion in explaining the root itself. :rolleyes:::fkb::
Todays shell's for you Kevin....maybe I can transfer some of the effects over to you by way of air mail. :D::awesomesmiles::

KevinJames

Kava Curious
Well it's not that it's been bad, but I'm thinking long term. I could give a shit about the $50. I was just hopeful it would work and I wouldn't have to drink a 1/2 gallon of the dirt water to get an effect. But I trust you guys know what you're doing, so I'm going to use the end of this bag and see what happens. I mean, the stuff must make you feel good, there's a whole forum dedicated to the plant / root right?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah, it is the real deal.

The taste however does not improve...at least for me. If you're lucky you will end up being a lightweight or enjoying those trendy micronized drink recipes.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I mean, the stuff must make you feel good, there's a whole forum dedicated to the plant / root right?
You're exactly right. I've had people candidly tell me that they "felt awkward saying it, but they really think kava may have changed their life". I know it's changed mine for the better. That's for sure.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@KevinJames and @kavadude
On this forum both those points are valid. :LOL::)
But kavadude I know what you mean, I love the tradition more than anything but I admit that micronized has its place for those who either can't stand the taste or are always short on time and can't make grog. ;)
The grittiness is a little irritating but that's where the "namby pamby girly drinks" have their use. :smuggrin::LOL:
I'm having fun messing around with recipes since I have a new blender, and am making smoothies anyways because I've been working out more then usual (exclude my chocolate peanut butter w/e recipes, :LOL: those are explicitly for fun).
But when I have the time it's grog and micronized as small bonus for a nightcap. (y)
Sadly (because I'll be going through it faster) I may have to tear into my bag of micronized a little more though because I've finally ran out of my med grind and can't make grog because of it. :rolleyes:
It's easy though....too easy. ::awesomesmiles::

KevinJames

Kava Curious
Well I have no interest in making it taste good. It's like the Kale shakes I drink. My wife says, why don't you put something good in it to make it taste good. Kale, ginger, green apple. That's it. It tastes like shit, it's kale, what do you want? If I want something that tastes good, I'll get a rib eye from the butcher. But, as I mentioned, I don't want to have to drink a 1/2 gallon of the sludge to get a buzz. Maybe I got some weak stuff or something? ::jawdrop2::