What's new

Kava powder through customs to Canada

Peter1050

Kava Curious
So I ordered kalm with Kava micro for the first time and was so excited to get it but now it’s stuck at customs and I just got a refund from eBay saying I won’t get.

We are writing to inform you that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from nationalbooksellercannot be completed.

The item in question has been deemed restricted. This could be due to import/shipping restrictions or eligibility requirements within the Global Shipping Program. The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller.

Any other ways to get this product in Canada then?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Maybe get it from KWK and not a reseller on eBay?

My son lives in Montreal and he buys kava online and also I ship some to him sometimes. The delays or losses are usually due to the Post Office, and this can happen just as often buying from a Canadian source as well as a US source.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Ghk stands for what? Why would it get restricted? Didn’t think it banned
GHK is a vendor: Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. Even if it isn't banned, could still get held up b/c of food standards or plant material standards or "we don't understand what this is" etc., I would suppose. Though, I really know nothing about customs. But in any case, GHK = Gourmet Hawaiian Kava.

truthornothing

Kava Curious
Maybe get it from KWK and not a reseller on eBay?

My son lives in Montreal and he buys kava online and also I ship some to him sometimes. The delays or losses are usually due to the Post Office, and this can happen just as often buying from a Canadian source as well as a US source.
I have a Canadian friend that wants to try it, what online source does your son get his from ?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have a Canadian friend that wants to try it, what online source does your son get his from ?
The Kava Roots out in BC sells absurdly excellent kava. Also, Canadian customers do very well ordering from GHK in Hawaii, usually. I think KWK and BKH come through pretty well, as well. Not sure about cactus or KT or RealKava (Kava Kauaii), but I would definitely investigate those. Oh, and Squanch.

truthornothing

Kava Curious
The Kava Roots out in BC sells absurdly excellent kava. Also, Canadian customers do very well ordering from GHK in Hawaii, usually. I think KWK and BKH come through pretty well, as well. Not sure about cactus or KT or RealKava (Kava Kauaii), but I would definitely investigate those. Oh, and Squanch.
Thanks I passed on the information

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Maybe you could have the vendor mark it "Cannabis powder"? (totally joking)

But seriously, the suggestions above are good and they will likely get your kava to you.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Maybe you could have the vendor mark it "Cannabis powder"? (totally joking)

But seriously, the suggestions above are good and they will likely get your kava to you.
it is funny. I live in MI where it is legal for me to possess, grow and consume and transport cannabis and travel to Canada, a country of which I am a citizen, where I am allowed to possess, grow and consume and transport cannabis, but guess what I cannot take across the border? Screw it, I'm bringing kava. In fact, I am making a huge kava delivery to Montreal later this month.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have never lost an order to customs. I have had it held up in customs for upwards of 8 weeks, but it always makes it to Newfoundland. www.getkavafied.com, gourmethawaiiankava.com, and www.bulakavahouse.com are my go to vendors. These vendors are also very quick to ship out.
Kava on the rock! Yay! My wife, who drinks as much kava as I do, is from NFLD. I'd love to do a TV show where a beautiful Newfoundland woman travels to strange exotic often very cold places and persuades nice new people she meets to go hiking out to nowhere where there's a nice swimming hole but instead of taking their clothes off, jumping in and freezing their nads off they set up a comfortable warm camp and just shell out for a few days, maybe listen to some tunes, play some Nintendo....