What's new

Kava price doubled

Proud Dad

Hello
I am new to this site and wanted to ask if anyone knows where to buy Vanuatu ceremonial kava powder for around 40 dollars a pound.
The place I was buying
It from doubled it to 80 and I need it to sleep but now it is too expensive

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hello
I am new to this site and wanted to ask if anyone knows where to buy Vanuatu ceremonial kava powder for around 40 dollars a pound.
The place I was buying
It from doubled it to 80 and I need it to sleep but now it is too expensive
We have sales from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava where he will give a massive discount. Those usually settle out somewhere around $40-$45 per lb. That is absolute rock bottom in terms of retail kava sales. You would need to know an importer personally and buy many kilos (5-10) at a time to get anything lower than that for quality kava.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
We have sales from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava where he will give a massive discount. Those usually settle out somewhere around $40-$45 per lb. That is absolute rock bottom in terms of retail kava sales. You would need to know an importer personally and buy many kilos (5-10) at a time to get anything lower than that for quality kava.
This kava increase he's talking about, is it about to be industry-wide, or just an isolated or small number cases, due to international shipping issues ?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This kava increase he's talking about, is it about to be industry-wide, or just an isolated or small number cases, due to international shipping issues ?
My costs have been steadily rising including the price of the kava as well as the shipping. I've only just recently started passing it on for certain kavas but in time they'll all have to go up a bit.