What's new

Kava reverse tolerance info

Hey all,

I want to take kava to improve my sleep. I have some of KWK's micronized vula waka and have taken it 3 times so far (once per day over the last 3 days). I haven't felt any effect yet but am aware of reverse tolerance. The first day I took 4 teaspoons in 1 cup of water, the next day I took 3, and the next 2. I have no idea how much I should take, I have almost finished the 2oz I bought and can't afford to take it for up to a month if it's not having any effect. Also, would it be better to take every other day rather than every day?

Some info: I am 20, and have a very fast metabolism. Each time I took the kava was about 20mins after eating a big dinner. I went to sleep about 30-60mins after drinking it. I will try it tonight with a bigger gap between my meal and drinking the kava as I've heard an empty stomach can make a big difference

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance! :)

Carthoris

I'm not sure I've ever experienced reversed tolerance. Over the last 20 years, when I don't drink Kava regularly, I am guessing if I had reverse tolerance that I just kept drinking until I felt right.

I've never drank after eating though.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Hey all,

I want to take kava to improve my sleep. I have some of KWK's micronized vula waka and have taken it 3 times so far (once per day over the last 3 days). I haven't felt any effect yet but am aware of reverse tolerance. The first day I took 4 teaspoons in 1 cup of water, the next day I took 3, and the next 2. I have no idea how much I should take, I have almost finished the 2oz I bought and can't afford to take it for up to a month if it's not having any effect. Also, would it be better to take every other day rather than every day?

Some info: I am 20, and have a very fast metabolism. Each time I took the kava was about 20mins after eating a big dinner. I went to sleep about 30-60mins after drinking it. I will try it tonight with a bigger gap between my meal and drinking the kava as I've heard an empty stomach can make a big difference

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance! :)
You need to wait a couple of hours after the evening meal or drink the kava before. You also need to raise the dose. 4 tsp total is a very small amount, especially if you are needing it to help you sleep.