What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kava Society - Puariki

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":10,"Mind":10,"Body":6,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":8,"Taste":"8","Preparation":"45g Kava, traditionally prepped in 600ml Water.","Duration":"90 minutes ish","SideEffects":"","Headline":""}
Like a dog doing excited tippy-taps when you say "WALKIES" I was delighted to came home yesterday to find the package I was waiting for; 500g of Puariki.

I won't go into too much detail over the significance of Puraiki and it's sale as it's all found on KS'/R&Ps' blog post.

Remote island of Tangoa, most plants being wiped out in a hurricane, air charters to and from Tangoa and eventually getting the goods out - needless to say it's a miracle that it was avaliable for purchase at all.

After a couple of photos sent to a group chat I bolted straight over to my friends place, went back because I forgot my strainer, then got straight into it.

The colour was slightly more yellow than expected - akin to the Fijian I've had.

The first significant thing I noticed was the taste, for being touted as a very potent and fantastic Kava I was amazed and how smooth it is to drink; I would consider it one of the easiest drinking cultivars I've ever had - a slight zest, smooth creaminess and overall quite pleasant (I understand what they meant by "Hints of butter").

After a couple of shells the effects start kicking in noticably, it's akin to Kelai in its' heady effects and clean feel which I expected but by golly goodness she was only just starting.

It started with a very pleasurable heady effect but the next noticable part wasn't what it bought on but rather what it took away; this is without a doubt the most potent anti-anxiety/tension kava i've ever had.
Puariki took away any stress or tension that I truly didn't even know was there and left a wonderful, profound silence in the body as a blank canvas for the experience to continue working on.

The effects were potently blissful with a heady euphoria and more depth than expected for the first while, as the last couple of shells were downed it moved into a delayed, more balanced "classic kava" state and ebbed into the more sedative effects - I told my friend "I finally understand what the word 'mystical' means", it kind of felt like all the aspects of Kava put together or what you'd expect to feel from kava when you first get told about it.

Another wonderful aspect was how clean it was; I can sometimes feel a little tight in the chest, dizzy or have slight nausea but I had none of this throughout the session.

The euphoria and overall feeling of this kava is unrivalled for me and I'm incredibly grateful for the cats at KS and R&P for sourcing enough for sale; i'm not sure what the word is for the bittersweet feeling of experiencing something so good that other things won't quite compare anymore but I definitely felt it with this kava.

Reading back through this I would think "Ha, this is definitely a biased exaggeration of kavas effects" but I've definitely had my fair share of sub-par kava in the past that i'm happy to critique (looking at you, not-to-be-named store in the lower north island) and only felt the need to post this due to how great it was.

As I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to get it again, after one more session today this will be staying on the shelf for special occasions.

10/10 top notch.

Last edited: