What's new

Kava Poll Kava spending and introducing friends to kava. POLL

How much do you spend on kava? (Approximate average/month)

• Total voters

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Hello.

After tonight's order @Paradise Kava , I passed the $1000 mark on kava spending this year (since July).
Congratulations to @Adil Ghiasi for receiving the last of my 2015 kava $$!
No, there is no "prize". :D
I guess I've been a little generous, quite a few of my friends have been introduced to @Steve 's candy and @Adil 's extracts.
Both my wife and a enjoy the kava, but I must confess to be the main consumer.
Anyways, this puts me close to $200 a month, $2,4K/year. It's made it easier for me to start up and run my small business and I've spent hardly anything on alcohol (not that that was ever an issue). I'm sitting here, with the candy in my cheek, telling myself it's been a good investment, then I think I don't really care about how much it has cost me and if they keep delivering good product, I'll keep on buying from them.

About friends trying kava for the first time. In my experience, handing them a teaspoon of extract before preparing the kava in their presence and then share a ::shell:: or two, is the way to go. Some are expecting a "high" and keep trying to feel the effects comparing the kava to alcohol, sharing the extract with them first also provides better room for listening and catching up on what I share about the history and qualities of kava. I mean, I'm no expert, but I can share what kava did for me and if I can help someone else the same way by sharing some, all for the better, no? Also, I think @Steve and @Global Kava Exports and more, with their sample packs, offer a chance for people to try kava without buying pounds of powdered root.

Anyways, I'm just curious to know about you guys. How much do you spend on kava/month on average?
Also, I would love to hear stories from when you introduced friends to kava. How did you go about it? How did you explain what kava is? How did it go?

Those of my friends who feared/anticipated a "high", I told that kava is an "adult stimulant". You get a stimulating/relaxing effect depending on cultivar/dose, but stay clear headed. It's also great for those things in the adult life that you really don't enjoy, doing the taxes, paying bills, cleaning the gutter. :LOL:
At least it is for me.

Capitán Bastos

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I made a kava tag for you called 'Kava Poll'. I just now figured out it would be a good idea to group the polls together into a group.

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
My local Fiji Market helps keep my bill around the $50 mark.

They test Noble but source from 5 rotating farms in Fiji so the effects can vary a bit.

Its definitely nice to splurge every now and then and get a pound of GHK, Kalm etc..

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I made a kava tag for you called 'Kava Poll'. I just now figured out it would be a good idea to group the polls together into a group.
::tipshat:: Thank you for the tag. It's my birthday, but I never expected this. It's too much.

My local Fiji Market helps keep my bill around the $50 mark.
They test Noble but source from 5 rotating farms in Fiji so the effects can vary a bit.
Its definitely nice to splurge every now and then and get a pound of GHK, Kalm etc..
Not bad. I have to get mine online and my budget includes the shipping, would be great to have a local market to go to.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
I enjoy reading about kava, ordering kava and obviously drinking the kava.
I don't enjoy waiting for the kava to arrive. Not after it's supposed to be here.
It's easy enough to go without, sure. But, after I've ordered and waited the normal number of days, I get a little sad when I open the mailbox and only find bills. If there was kava there as well, I would just go back inside, pay the bills and treat myself.
I still pay the bills, but get no treat.

Capitán Bastos es muy tríste. Muy, muy tríste.
Capitán Bastos no tiene Sonrisa.
Muy, muy tríste...

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Beyond tríste now.
If Christmas caused this, I'm not sure I like Christmas anymore.
Mailbox was just filled with brochures with Christmas offers.
Is this a plot?

EQ

Atman
I've shared kava with only one person so far ( I am new to Kava ), and he loved it and I knew he would. He's the kind of person who doesn't like to get drunk or high because he likes to have his mind. So obviously Kava is the perfect drug for him :). I just told him it's a plant root from the pacific islands that is similar to alcohol but doesn't get your mind drunk, and that it is safe. My friends know I know a lot about drugs so he trusted me. He actually didn't mind the taste too much and we listened to some jazz and talked about life. Good night.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Hello.

After tonight's order @Paradise Kava , I passed the $1000 mark on kava spending this year (since July).
Congratulations to @Adil Ghiasi for receiving the last of my 2015 kava $$!
No, there is no "prize". :D
I guess I've been a little generous, quite a few of my friends have been introduced to @Steve 's candy and @Adil 's extracts.
Both my wife and a enjoy the kava, but I must confess to be the main consumer.
Anyways, this puts me close to $200 a month, $2,4K/year. It's made it easier for me to start up and run my small business and I've spent hardly anything on alcohol (not that that was ever an issue). I'm sitting here, with the candy in my cheek, telling myself it's been a good investment, then I think I don't really care about how much it has cost me and if they keep delivering good product, I'll keep on buying from them.

About friends trying kava for the first time. In my experience, handing them a teaspoon of extract before preparing the kava in their presence and then share a ::shell:: or two, is the way to go. Some are expecting a "high" and keep trying to feel the effects comparing the kava to alcohol, sharing the extract with them first also provides better room for listening and catching up on what I share about the history and qualities of kava. I mean, I'm no expert, but I can share what kava did for me and if I can help someone else the same way by sharing some, all for the better, no? Also, I think @Steve and @Global Kava Exports and more, with their sample packs, offer a chance for people to try kava without buying pounds of powdered root.

Anyways, I'm just curious to know about you guys. How much do you spend on kava/month on average?
Also, I would love to hear stories from when you introduced friends to kava. How did you go about it? How did you explain what kava is? How did it go?

Those of my friends who feared/anticipated a "high", I told that kava is an "adult stimulant". You get a stimulating/relaxing effect depending on cultivar/dose, but stay clear headed. It's also great for those things in the adult life that you really don't enjoy, doing the taxes, paying bills, cleaning the gutter. :LOL:
At least it is for me.

Capitán Bastos
Too much, we we're gonna start selling our Kava earlier in the year....but we ended up drinking our whole supply ::giveup2::

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
::giveup2::
Too much, we we're gonna start selling our Kava earlier in the year....but we ended up drinking our whole supply ::giveup2::
Bwahaha!
Actually, I made myself a liar these last couple days.
@Kalm with Kava got my last kava $ of the year.@Kavafied is the official runner up and @Steve came third.
I went a little passed budget and am currently at $444 for December.
I blaim USPS.

Paradise
1,5lb / 680g 12 year Old Lateral Root Fijian Kava
1 - Chocolate Mint Kava 20g Glass Jar
1 - Fresh Instant Kava: 100g Pouch
$95 + $119
Ozia
2 - Kava Stress Relief Candy - BULK BIN (2 CASES)
$110
Kavafied
1 - double pack ALU Ball
1 - 200g / 0,44lb Tongatapu
$60
Kalm
3 kava sample pack with accessories
0,75 lbs / 340gr
$60
-----------
$440

Seriously, I need to find a way to put this on my business account.