What's new

Kava Preparation Kava Supreme + Kava Bati + Vegan Protein?

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Had a really interesting experience yesterday. I had pre-measured out 10 grams of Kava Supreme and 15 grams of Kava Bati for my first ever "morning time dose" of Kava. As mentioned previously, I'm tapering down off K@ (which I still think is a wonderful plant, but people need to realize it DOES form a bodily dependence if used regularly) and Kava has been helping with that. It not only provides some anxiolytic relief, but the process of preparing the drink itself is one I find very relaxing, and I notice myself feeling joy during that. So for sure, a lot of this game is mental.

Back to yesterday. I put the Kava Supreme + Kava Bati in a blender, along with some warm water and whole milk (totalling 1.5 cups) and blended for a couple minutes. I kneaded this for 15 minutes and placed the strained liquid into a shaker bottle with a scoop of chocolate vegan protein and 3 cubes of ice. Did a little shaking and downed the whole thing in one go. (Ice makes it easy, as you all know, but the chocolate helped a bunch as well.)

Within about 15 minutes I felt absolutely phenomenal. Hands-down the best Kava experience I've had so far. I felt very energized and ridiculously positive. It was so nice that I (being a natural worrier - which sucks) started thinking "Oh no, this is going to end soon!" It kept going. Was one of the best work mornings (I work from home) I've had in a long time.

So I started looking back at my log/notes to see how different it was from my other times. The obvious difference was that I had it in the morning. Secondly, I've never had Kava with protein powder - it has always been straight.

Does it make that big a difference?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Had a really interesting experience yesterday. I had pre-measured out 10 grams of Kava Supreme and 15 grams of Kava Bati for my first ever "morning time dose" of Kava. As mentioned previously, I'm tapering down off K@ (which I still think is a wonderful plant, but people need to realize it DOES form a bodily dependence if used regularly) and Kava has been helping with that. It not only provides some anxiolytic relief, but the process of preparing the drink itself is one I find very relaxing, and I notice myself feeling joy during that. So for sure, a lot of this game is mental.

Back to yesterday. I put the Kava Supreme + Kava Bati in a blender, along with some warm water and whole milk (totalling 1.5 cups) and blended for a couple minutes. I kneaded this for 15 minutes and placed the strained liquid into a shaker bottle with a scoop of chocolate vegan protein and 3 cubes of ice. Did a little shaking and downed the whole thing in one go. (Ice makes it easy, as you all know, but the chocolate helped a bunch as well.)

Within about 15 minutes I felt absolutely phenomenal. Hands-down the best Kava experience I've had so far. I felt very energized and ridiculously positive. It was so nice that I (being a natural worrier - which sucks) started thinking "Oh no, this is going to end soon!" It kept going. Was one of the best work mornings (I work from home) I've had in a long time.

So I started looking back at my log/notes to see how different it was from my other times. The obvious difference was that I had it in the morning. Secondly, I've never had Kava with protein powder - it has always been straight.

Does it make that big a difference?
It made you enjoy it more!

Welcome to the honeymoon phase. It's great. Enjoy without guilt, it's good for you. You're going to have some really really good times, and then weird little things in your life will start to get better, and then that will accumulate and aggregate and even, maybe just a little, synergize, most copacetically, I should say.

Stonth

Kava Curious
So I'm about to hijack the heck out of this thread so sorry in advance. How is the current batch of supreme (preferably compared to past batches)? I didn't want to start a new thread just for that short of a question, so thanks.

Also, I've considered mixing kava and protein so I will definitely have to try it now after your endorsement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I'm about to hijack the heck out of this thread so sorry in advance. How is the current batch of supreme (preferably compared to past batches)? I didn't want to start a new thread just for that short of a question, so thanks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find K. Supreme to be one of the more consistent kavas in the market, speaking from the last 6 months or so.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I find K. Supreme to be one of the more consistent kavas in the market, speaking from the last 6 months or so.
The effects are always the same but I find the recent (3 months ago) Supreme to be better tasting than it was before. It's a really good tasting kava but we shouldn't hold that against it. :)