What's new

Kava Supreme price discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a kava drinker for 18 years and have enjoyed exclusively the offerings from Kavafied for at least the past eight months. I've tried their Tonga, Lapita, and Supreme. All are outstanding in my book, but I like their Supreme the most. I usually order from Amazon due to the fast, reliable shipping and ease of ordering from my Amazon app. But I just noticed that the price for 1/2 pound of Supreme on Amazon has just risen to $34.95 for 1/2lb, from its old price of $29.95. That's a sudden $5 price increase, where as ordering the same directly from getkavafied.com is still $29.95. What gives? This seems odd to me.

Also a separate question, I ordered Supreme directly from Kavafied last week Monday morning and paid for the $7.25 for Priority mail shipping, but it didn't leave the Kavafied facility until Wednesday. Much slower than other vendors I've ordered from but I realize some vendors may only ship on certain days of the week. I sent an email to Kavafied asking for clarification but never received a response. This also strikes me as odd, any vendor I've contacted in the past has gotten right back with an answer. Anyone know the deal?

That could certainly be the case. On the other hand, Lapita and Bati are still $29.95 for a half pound on both Amazon and GetKavafied.com. Supreme is the only powder that saw a price jump on Amazon.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That could certainly be the case. On the other hand, Lapita and Bati are still $29.95 for a half pound on both Amazon and GetKavafied.com. Supreme is the only powder that saw a price jump on Amazon.
Supreme is their most purchased kava. I'm sure it's what @Kavashua said. KWK does similar pricing to account for the chunk that amazon takes and for shipping.

Here's an example
screen.png

39.99 from amazon and 28.00 from KWK.com (w/ shipping from KWK.com it'll be around $35.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.