What's new

Kava Culture Kava the new American beverage

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Haha I always am still drinking my herbals and teas. Consuming everything from gotu kola to our classic black teas and Matcha.
:) and a rare few sips of coffee
Hopefully my bombilla doesn't get mistaken for a crack pipe at work. I had loose mate in a gallon ziplock on my drive in to work and thought man some people would probably assume this is herb lol. Like imagine having to explain that to a cop, yeah right it is tea, hands behind your back...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hahaha I've been there man. Many times. Never had to actually deal with a cop with tea... but I had to about kava and the cop was the coolest. I told this story about the concert I went to at darien. Was heavily harassed by the "search team" but the cop just looked it up and said NY don't care let em go.
Haha they're usually smarter about substances than regular Joe's ... USUALLY
Haha my gf friend was harrassed more for her strawberry dna from school than I was kava hahah :)

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Really ? @VictoryRider
It makes perfect sense I just never heard that ha
I made it up! Seriously. And, I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your Kava Bar waitresses,
ESPECIALLY the ones in the grass skirts.

"Tell the ladies to put on their grass skirts, 'cuz the Fonz is coming with a lawn mower!!!!!"

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I think kava fits into popular culture as a get-home-from-work drink before dinner time. Or it could. Many people like to decompress and shift gears after getting home from work and kava is perfect for that. It's *before* dinner so as to make the most cost-effective use of your kava powder. Then you eat dinner and sit around the table and discuss the day.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I think kava fits into popular culture as a get-home-from-work drink before dinner time. Or it could. Many people like to decompress and shift gears after getting home from work and kava is perfect for that. It's *before* dinner so as to make the most cost-effective use of your kava powder. Then you eat dinner and sit around the table and discuss the day.
It would be great for "Happy Hour" actually: after work, before dinner.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah agreed @Steve Mariotti
Kava seems best handles by the body at that time of the day. Time of the day energetically has an effect on us as well.
Being cool, heavt and wet in the 6 to 10 am. Hot peak 10 to 2 and cool dry and light from 2 to 6... statting over again at 6pm to 1pm... this cycle effects our digestion sleep mental processes ect. Based not on astrology or anything of that nature but simple common sense and elements.
If we look at that it's odd that kavas energetics actually match up during that time of the day..
I would say kava personally feels very cool/hot and dry and light .. for sure depending on stain for hotter or colder energetics.

Once again I definitley notice kava being handled by my stomach at that point the best. Breakfast being the worse and lunch not to bad.. before dinner is optimal it seems... giving the latest with empty stomach and furthest from bedtime for insomnia issues.

I personally have kava before lunch. About 1030 to 1130 ish

The appetite supression is tough to deal with at this time . Lunch being the strongest digestive time of the day