What's new

Kavalactone Extracts Found on ETSY

Botany Evolution

Botany Evolution, LLC (Kava Depot)
Kava Vendor

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
3% on an advertised 70% extract. I would love to ask them what happened, because that's so far off it's not even funny.

Botany Evolution

Botany Evolution, LLC (Kava Depot)
Kava Vendor
3% on an advertised 70% extract. I would love to ask them what happened, because that's so far off it's not even funny.
I encourage you to reach out and ask! Etsy has strong regulations regarding competition messaging each other, so we cannot. It is not funny, it is very disheartening!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Something about the one from Kava Depot is strange as well... They claim it's a 30% extract, when in reality it is 32%. So dishonest, I'm shocked.

:ROFLMAO:
Lol, what you call dishonesty, in this case I think could be defended against and argued as modesty!

And it actually adds testament to KavaDepot’s authenticity, reliability, consistency and quality.

When I saw them at the bottom, it seemed like the odd one out. I might have glanced at the extract on their website, but I would have been surprised if they were marketing dishonesty.

So to see how they more than trumped it, modestly under compensating, good guys.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
Lol, what you call dishonesty, in this case I think could be defended against and argued as modesty!

And it actually adds testament to KavaDepot’s authenticity, reliability, consistency and quality.
Considering your response I'm not sure if my post came across correctly: I was making a joke and this is exactly what I wanted to convey.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Considering your response I'm not sure if my post came across correctly: I was making a joke and this is exactly what I wanted to convey.
Hi there firstly and do hope things are well.

So, yes indeed, I was very clear that you were joking. That was undeniably evident rest assured. Sorry I didn’t make it clear that I grasped that.

I was just commenting in on these results, I’m sure you could agree on the modesty bit.

Excellent work doing this by Botany Evolution. The sham crooks in this industry need exposing. They lure too many naive, kava-green citizens their way, many concluding that Kava does nothing after trying their useless produce.

They, these plain business people whose one and only interest is making bucks, have too long done a great injustice and disservice to Kava, and are purely a hindrance, a deterrent effectively, trash, IMO.

So this review and analysis is excellent, can be used for reference and could actually sway the balance, how people regard kava, how they first try it.

If only we could just nuke out all the phoney self-serving salesman in one.

One sure thing about the kava industry, from my own perception and experience, the legitimate vendors we know well, who are established, as well as anybody new who pops onto the scene it seems, who sell genuine, quality Kava- the customer care, contact and service is exemplary.

Good caring people who are more than willing to get to know their customers, entirely unrelated to business and profits.

Hence my distaste for the mongrels who dirty the map and warp the radar.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
In our market research, we decided to test the authenticity of our competitors' claims on Etsy regarding kava extracts.

It seems best to share our findings with the public, perhaps these sham products have contributed to the stigmatization of kava extracts.

COA's

Happy Herbs
Awaken 2.2%
Awaken 14.26%
Schmerbals Herbals
East / West
Elevated 3.37%
Elevated 3.33%
Kava Depot
I had no idea that Etsy sold kava....I usually just go there to find interesting hand made stuff. Honestly I can't fathom making and selling kava extracts without actual testing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I had no idea that Etsy sold kava....I usually just go there to find interesting hand made stuff. Honestly I can't fathom making and selling kava extracts without actual testing.
I took a little time today to go through their "extracts" and you're damn right. Flavored extracts made at home and sold on etsy makes my skin crawl a little bit. It's interesting that a good bit of the reviews from people who know what kava tastes like say "There's no kava in this". Judging by Botany Evolutions post, now we might know why.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
To be honest, I would never buy random foodstuff of ANY kind from Etsy. I mean, come on. Would you buy handmade textiles or figurines from some random guy on the streets? Maybe. But some strange powder meant to be ingested? I suppose (hope) not. We have stores and trustworthy vendors for food products, and for good reason.

(Which doesn't mean that Kava Depot shouldn't sell on Etsy -- that's different, because they have an official store homepage and are fully transparent with everything, including test results.)

Last edited:

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I've never taken kava supplements...it takes me a couple minutes to whip up a batch in my aluball and the kava I use is pure and strong.
Kava supplements are, in general, for people that do not understand kava but are chasing a rumor of relaxing effects, or trying to avoid drinking it because they hate the taste.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Some of the reactions here don't surprise me.
Because I will never, ever again order anything from Etsy platform, as long as I live.
After certain repeated experiences with them, and finding out at least thousands of people, went through the same thing.
Both buyers and sellers