What's new

Kneading is the best

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Ditto, couldn't agree more but to each his/her own. There's plenty of great ways to go about it but traditional prep is always golden for me.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Not sure what op is using for trade prep but I think the sentiment is generalized anyhow. Traditional preparation is more of a punch and smoother for most people. Micro has a lot of the therapeutic benefit for me but the GI aspect of it and the fact you can't take larger doses and absorb them quickly makes it less enjoyable for sessions. I don't really consider taking micro to be having a "session." It's more like taking a supplement that makes you feel better/nice.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure what op is using for trade prep but I think the sentiment is generalized anyhow. Traditional preparation is more of a punch and smoother for most people. Micro has a lot of the therapeutic benefit for me but the GI aspect of it and the fact you can't take larger doses and absorb them quickly makes it less enjoyable for sessions. I don't really consider taking micro to be having a "session." It's more like taking a supplement that makes you feel better/nice.
Yeah; I've disqualified myself from micro; but I definitely thought micro had way more "punch" than trad prep. But maybe I was just taking way more micro b/c of the convenience. But what I perceived as "more punch" had me literally crawling from by bed to my chair 8 feet away for fear of catastrohic injurious falls. I was even legitimately afraid of the transition from sitting to crawling, for the same reason.
I am very happy with trad prep. No longer scared of falling on my face (though I have been a little tipsy), and definitely way nicer on the stomach. I was just surprised that micro could be worth the extra cost if you were just gonna knead it anyway; and even more surprised that it would be stronger kneaded.

Firedog

Kava Curious
I am actually using some KWK micro. It is possible to knead it and i find it a lot more pleasant than just chugging it or toss n washing it.

Firedog

Kava Curious
Yeah; I've disqualified myself from micro; but I definitely thought micro had way more "punch" than trad prep. But maybe I was just taking way more micro b/c of the convenience. But what I perceived as "more punch" had me literally crawling from by bed to my chair 8 feet away for fear of catastrohic injurious falls. I was even legitimately afraid of the transition from sitting to crawling, for the same reason.
I am very happy with trad prep. No longer scared of falling on my face (though I have been a little tipsy), and definitely way nicer on the stomach. I was just surprised that micro could be worth the extra cost if you were just gonna knead it anyway; and even more surprised that it would be stronger kneaded.
Well, I had initially purchased it for toss n washing but it got to the point where it was wreaking hell on my guts so i opted to take the same amount (5tbs) and knead it like a medium grind and yeah it was way better. Pleasant effects and no GI issues or nausea.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I’ve kneaded micro before. Micro doesn’t agree with me so much. I have two large bags of 11 year that is taking me forever to get through. The resulting drink is very strong naturally since the very fine consistency gets through the strainer bag, though some might say it’s a waste of money.

Otherwise I use micro somewhat as intended to increase the potency of an aluball prep. I’ll tripple ball whichever medium grind I want and add two tablespoons of micro and it will pack a punch but remain convenient without bothering my stomach.

D

Deleted User01

I need more fiber in my diet and micro fits the bill. I have no GI problems but I normally only take 2 doses. The real advantage for me is that it's convenient and you do get the full range of kavalactones. For whatever reason, I also feel it immediately. Maybe I'm like Pavlov's dog. I also know members who toss and wash everything except the bath room sink. Their excuse, "it's convenient". I shoulda known. Those guys must have a big beautiful wall protecting their GI tract.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
The mere thought of toss-n-wash gives me the willies. Ugh. It does work, but is very unpleasant in texture.

I would agree, you just can't beat trad prep for overall well-rounded effects, length of effects, and minimal stomach
upset.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I need more fiber in my diet and micro fits the bill. I have no GI problems but I normally only take 2 doses. The real advantage for me is that it's convenient and you do get the full range of kavalactones. For whatever reason, I also feel it immediately. Maybe I'm like Pavlov's dog. I also know members who toss and wash everything except the bath room sink. Their excuse, "it's convenient". I shoulda known. Those guys must have a big beautiful wall protecting their GI tract.
I love trad prep now and definitely prefer it. But I gotta agree that I found micro more powerful and felt it pretty much immediately (if it was a headier strain).