What's new

Kneading time and SavuSavu

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Greetings to all,
How long do you knead your kava when doing traditional strainer prep? I've read up to 10 minutes which is a long time. I typically knead 2 heaping tablespoons in 10-12 ounces of water for about 3-4 minutes and my grog is usually fairly strong. I'm curious if I really did work it for a full 10 minutes how much of a difference it would make strengthwise...

The Gourmet Savusavu from KavaTime is a good strong kava! A few shells of it and I'm krunk, sometimes staggering-I don't want to drive on it, that's certain. Anyway I get a good heady buzz and great relaxation/sedation from it.

Bula!

Kavacus in San Diego

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I slowly cut back my kneading times from 15 minutes in the beginning back to 5, and still found the same effects.

Anything kavatime is something of which to be reverent. I cut back by a third if I'm not mixing it with a weak kava 50/50. Very powerful stuff.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
If im doing traditional, I usually do about 7-8 minutes, I can't stand standing on my tile kitchen floor for such a long time (pun intended) BUT I do up to 3 washes with the root to make sure I get most of the good stuff out

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I love standing in my kitchen. I am the undefeated kitchen warrior. I stand at work and come home making Kava all night. I like to knead as long as I can. I save the squeezed roots unti! I am sure I cannot squeeze a shell out of half a kilo.