What's new

Kona Kava 33% extract question

Firedog

Kava Curious
Well the horrible kava i got from a local health place has given me a tudei hangover. Flushed it and ordered some GHK. (y)

Have some Kona 33% extract coming today, is it worth even holding on to?

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
Hi FIredog.

The product from Kona Kava i purchased prior to educating myself here at kavaforums was the Kona Kava Farm full spectrum 55% paste. as my first experience with kava, it did take a tiny bit of the edge off my anxiety. yet it was not worth the money. AND the packaging said 96 servings and there were less than 45.

so to me it is a waste of money. when we now know that there are numerous reputable vendors with great Noble products which are affordable and effective.

Can you return it for a refund? that is what i'm doing on amazon.

I am experiencing wonderful results with the Micronized Kavas from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Kalm With Kava. bought their sampler packs.
welcome to the forums and enjoy your adventures with the wondrous Kava plant.

wayne.suslansky

Kava Curious
Hi FIredog.

The product from Kona Kava i purchased prior to educating myself here at kavaforums was the Kona Kava Farm full spectrum 55% paste. as my first experience with kava, it did take a tiny bit of the edge off my anxiety. yet it was not worth the money. AND the packaging said 96 servings and there were less than 45.

so to me it is a waste of money. when we now know that there are numerous reputable vendors with great Noble products which are affordable and effective.

Can you return it for a refund? that is what i'm doing on amazon.

I am experiencing wonderful results with the Micronized Kavas from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and Kalm With Kava. bought their sampler packs.
welcome to the forums and enjoy your adventures with the wondrous Kava plant.
What about kona instant kava? Is it any good?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
I personally will not purchase anything else from Kona Kava or the multiple other business names they use, such as shamansgarden. i am shaman. KVnaturals, kavadotcom, etc. look in this list from reddit which has vendors to avoid towards the end. they are listed there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kava/wiki/vendors

Kava King
UPDATE (January 2017): The Vanuatu Daily Post has published a report of a number of American companies purchasing large quantities of poor-quality kava. The company that owns the Kava King brand was among them.
Pros: Inexpensive; Attractive packaging; various flavours and types of kava products; Cons; Reports of tudei adulteration of some of the products; no certificates of analysis; no visible commitment to noble kava; micronized kava contains harsh fibers and fillers; Low potency; Questionable marketing tactics (misinformation, scare tactics).
--Kona Kava, IamShaman kava, Kava.com, Kava.guru, BestKavaReivews, etc. Reportedly part of the same dodgy network of companies; Impure, non-noble kava sold as "noble"; dishonest marketing; poor quality; dishonest business practices; poor customer service

As you read this entire reddit post, you will observe the vendors who are here on kavaforums.com are listed in the upper categories

the kona kava farm folks did use questionable tactics to answer my questions about the fact that their package said 96 servings and there is not even half that amount.

and the person called Makira (sp) never replied to my email.

the business goes by multiple names, and is based in New York, chicago and san diego.

i would steer clear of all their products now that we know who the reputable vendors are.

hope this helps you, Wayne. if you already have the product, just know that it won't be the quality that you can find through vendors here.

wayne.suslansky

Kava Curious
I personally will not purchase anything else from Kona Kava or the multiple other business names they use, such as shamansgarden. i am shaman. KVnaturals, kavadotcom, etc. look in this list from reddit which has vendors to avoid towards the end. they are listed there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kava/wiki/vendors

Kava King
UPDATE (January 2017): The Vanuatu Daily Post has published a report of a number of American companies purchasing large quantities of poor-quality kava. The company that owns the Kava King brand was among them.
Pros: Inexpensive; Attractive packaging; various flavours and types of kava products; Cons; Reports of tudei adulteration of some of the products; no certificates of analysis; no visible commitment to noble kava; micronized kava contains harsh fibers and fillers; Low potency; Questionable marketing tactics (misinformation, scare tactics).
--Kona Kava, IamShaman kava, Kava.com, Kava.guru, BestKavaReivews, etc. Reportedly part of the same dodgy network of companies; Impure, non-noble kava sold as "noble"; dishonest marketing; poor quality; dishonest business practices; poor customer service

As you read this entire reddit post, you will observe the vendors who are here on kavaforums.com are listed in the upper categories

the kona kava farm folks did use questionable tactics to answer my questions about the fact that their package said 96 servings and there is not even half that amount.

and the person called Makira (sp) never replied to my email.

the business goes by multiple names, and is based in New York, chicago and san diego.

i would steer clear of all their products now that we know who the reputable vendors are.

hope this helps you, Wayne. if you already have the product, just know that it won't be the quality that you can find through vendors here.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk