What's new

Kona Kava 84% Paste is wonderful

kl.kavashmava

Kava Curious
I've tried 3 types of Kava - Kona, Paradise, and Fu'u. To my utter surprise the Kona Kava in the 84% paste has helped and worked the best. for me. I wouldn't go as far to say that the Paste is able to stop an anxiety attack if I had one, but for sure, I find it the strongest of the 3. It gives me the deepest relaxation (body & mind), taken as directed, without any side effects.  I sometimes take it with a couple capsules of L-Theanine.

odys1i

Kava Enthusiast
Kona Kava Paste was the 1st thing that really got me to the kava world.  It is strong and does hit the spot, though now I stay away from all extracts and concentrates stc, they are completely unncecessary and I feel an impediment to enjoying the truly wonderful natural experience real kava root provides. I was very very unpleasently surprised when I ordered the root that this paste is allegedly made from. It tasted foul made me nauseaous and though it seemed to contain a decent amount of euphoric buzzpower it was too foul to consider ever ordering again and frankly made me scared to try Mahakea, which I later found to be one of Hawaii's most pleasent cultivars (Jonathan Yee @hawainkava.com has a nice Mahakea). My wife still periodically scorns me for turning our blender green from making kona kava in it, something that has never happened with any other kava. Every where I read bad reports about kona kava's root, so I would enjoy the paste for now but certainly stay away from thier root. If you want a paste type of thing I would look at paradisekava.com who seem to take pride in using high quality root and also carry very good powder and fresh root.