What's new

Krunkest experience

KavaCat

Meow.
I wished I was a moth once. To date, it's still the weirdest feeling I've had on kava, and it was after drinking a great deal of instant Mo'i.
I think most kava stories aren't too much more dramatic than that. It's not like a thing that makes you see stuff, it just subtly alters your moods, and makes you quite relaxed.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I've had three separate incidents where I've overdone it, all of them on accident, and no experience was pleasant. While I don't wanna glorify the intoxicating effects, I'll share my experiences in hope that others will learn from my mistakes.

The first time was quite a few years ago with BKH boroguru. I ignorantly tossed and washed about six heaping tablespoons in an hour. I couldn't walk or talk, and It felt like I was being electrocuted, I don't know how else to put it. And the nausea was overwhelming.

Another time was with a mix of nambawan/melo melo/borogu. Both my wife and i tossed and washed about 3 heaping tablespoons at once. The cerebral effects and energy were otherworldly. Every time i thought i couldn't take it anymore, it got stronger, for easily two hours until it leveled out. To lightly put it, I wanted it to stop. It was way too much.

Lastly, was GHK mahakea. I tossed and washed about three heaping tablespoons over a half an hour before I knew anything aboutbl the strength of this root.

All of these negative experiences happened with the first time with each variety. Also every negative experience happened when I TnW'd. Lastly, these experiences all happened after a kava break, and I got a package and was excited to indulge.

I honestly don't really enjoy excessive consumption anymore. For me, the negative side effects, like bloating and nausea, greatly outweigh the positive effects when consumed in higher amounts. Finally, no more toss and wash for this guy :)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
The first time was quite a few years ago with BKH boroguru. I ignorantly tossed and washed about six heaping tablespoons in an hour. I couldn't walk or talk, and It felt like I was being electrocuted, I don't know how else to put it. And the nausea was overwhelming.
I take an SNRI, and have for 25 years. If I miss a dose, about 12 hours to 24 hours later, I get "brain zaps" which is a feeling like being electrocuted for short little bursts on and off seemingly randomly. I wonder if this is a similar feeling? It's really unpleasant. I ran out after a move one time and 3 days into withdrawal, I went to an emergency room to get a temporary prescription, it was so bad.

I honestly don't really enjoy excessive consumption anymore. For me, the negative side effects, like bloating and nausea, greatly outweigh the positive effects when consumed in higher amounts. Finally, no more toss and wash for this guy :)
Yeah, toss and wash sounds like it doesn't serve you well. I've overdone it a few times and it's not pleasant. It's mainly head spin and nausea which I rectify with some carbos in my tum and lots of water. I made a really strong batch last night and needed to take an hour out to level it out before continuing my session. I get this from drinking too much too fast, or not respecting the strength of the brew when I make a strong batch.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I know all about the zaps. Paaxil and effexor both gave me the horrible zaps. The second time, it took like four months to come off the paxil. Docs knew nothing of the zaps, but it was so debilitating, every time i moved my eyes. I would titrate down by the tiniest bit, and the shocking would hit me for two weeks, easily.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
My craziest experience was this week, actually. It was terrible. I really just plain wasn't thinking, but I knocked back 2 tablespoons of Moi, 1 tablespoon of 11 year waka, 1 oz of kalm concentrate, and finished it all off 20 minutes later with a ball of paradise extract. It. was. fucking. terrifying. My face was numb, my eyes couldn't focus on anything, my head felt an immense amount of pressure, crazy amounts of eye lag, and the only way I could walk was to hold onto everything around me. I was seriously concerned about possibly having OD'd on kava (is this even possible?). I woke up 3 hours later and puked up some mouth numbing stomach contents and felt great after.

From now on, I go at a half tablespoon of micro every 20 minutes until I feel right with the world. That was a really, really stupid wake up call for me.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
So was the Boroguru-induced electrocuted feeling at all like that?
No, the zaps from the meds were a dizzying feeling centered in my brain, with a wooshing noise every time I moved my eyes. The effects of the dhm were so strong, I could actually sense the vibrations emanating from my body. Like if someone were standing next to me, they could feel it coming off of me. Regardless, I will never do it again. I don't enjoy profound effects anymore. The only way for me to not get the nauseous bubble gut syndrome, is to keep consumption to a small amount.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I thought I knew what the real effects of kava were...until last night. Now I very clearly understand what it meant by reverse tolerance. WOW!!!

Rishi678

Kava Curious
I know what you mean! I sometimes drink the exact same amount or less and after a few nights, its muuuuch stronger when it hits at the very same dose!!!

Does it build up in the system or is the mechanism different for reverse tolerance?

Krunkest experience? Nothing too exciting unfortunately, just drank more than I needed, felt nauseous for a little while and went to bed. Hope to never have a stronger experience than that!

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know bro but how I felt last night was like nothing I've ever experienced before lemme tell ya. Sedated & wired at the same time. Very confusing. Slept deep though.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Blended 3:00 & strained. Kavalactones are insoluble in water (hydrophobic) so the more force you use when straining the more active chemicals are released. I do have a sensitive system & that was a strong mixture. Kava seems to have a cumulative effects as its processed by the body's systems metabolites of metabolites. ???

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
My craziest experience was this week, actually. It was terrible. I really just plain wasn't thinking, but I knocked back 2 tablespoons of Moi, 1 tablespoon of 11 year waka, 1 oz of kalm concentrate, and finished it all off 20 minutes later with a ball of paradise extract. It. was. fucking. terrifying. My face was numb, my eyes couldn't focus on anything, my head felt an immense amount of pressure, crazy amounts of eye lag, and the only way I could walk was to hold onto everything around me. I was seriously concerned about possibly having OD'd on kava (is this even possible?). I woke up 3 hours later and puked up some mouth numbing stomach contents and felt great after.

From now on, I go at a half tablespoon of micro every 20 minutes until I feel right with the world. That was a really, really stupid wake up call for me.
Now ^ THAT is what I call krunked!