What's new

Krunkest experience

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
I've always wondered what the usual degree of "krunkedness" is in the nakamals in Vanuatu & Fiji, etc.. Regardless kava is helluva lot better after a long day than booze ever was. Wakacon sells ELEVEN yes I said ELEVEN freakin' pounds for $200! Perpetual krunkness 27/7!!!::orangesmileyz::

Amazon product

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
The endgame of kava for me isn't krunkedness, it's a band of kava effects in between light kava buzz on the inside and krunk-feeling on the outside. Anywhere on either side of that band is unsatisfying.

I like a long sustained plateau where music is particularly sweet and uplifting and conversation is easy and fluid. If I drink too much or make it too strong, I get to a point where I feel unsettled, uncomfortable and like I'm trying to play the piano with mittens on, or something. I don't mind a little unsteadiness of balance, but as long as there's a amused grin on my face or just below the surface of consciousness I'm happy.

librarian

Kava Curious

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Bro that had nothing whatsoever to do w/ kava. Its chemically impossible. IMO - your suffering from major depression. I went through the same thing & I blamed it on creatine which again is chemically impossible. I've been on 100mg/zoloft daily and sleep like a baby better than I ever have AND I still use kava almost daily w/ no problems whatsoever.

D

Deleted User01

I think one time I had a well know kava that is tudieish. I was still walking crooked the next morning. But I don't drink kava to get krunk, I have alcohol for that. I drink kava to relax while still being in my 5 senses. And I want to hop outta of bed, not drag outta bed.

KavaCat

Meow.
I agree with those who said you sounded like you were having a panic attack. I've had them, same as the others, so I know what it's like to have one, and know how to- more or less- stop them. You wound up in that spiral where you were afraid of what was happening to you, and the fear just exacerbated your condition, and fed into a nasty loop. This is EXTREMELY common. That's how panic attacks usually go, especially for the people who aren't aware that that's what's happening to them. It's not your fault, but try to learn your triggers and learn how to calm yourself down before you get into that really panicked state. It will probably help you a lot. Not just while on kava, but in day to day life. If kava, of all things, can trigger a panic attack in you, you will probably have another eventually, when faced with a very stressful personal situation. Kava does not directly cause panic attacks, so that's not the effect of the kava... just your personal response to an unfamiliar sensation. You might also have an allergy, but I very much doubt it, because it does indeed sound exactly like a panic attack.

Poivrier

methystified
I hate the word "krunk". The kava experience is a very complex and interesting one. I wish there was a word in our languages that would really mean what one feels on kava...
Personally I use "methystified", it is somewhat logical ::kavaleaf:::bookworm:

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I don't really like getting fully wasted on kava, or anything else, but due to the very variable strengths of kava served in Vanuatu I have found myself taken by surprise and completely mashed more times than I remember. Mostly it is not really unpleasant, as you recognise what is happening and know that you need to aim for a bed, but sometimes I have been helpless and overpowered.
One time on Aniwa, my favourite island in Vanuatu due to it rarely being visited, combined with them having the John Frum cult, and pristine reefs, we ran out of kava. They didn't grow it then on the island due to root theft, and it was all shipped from nearby Tanna. A cyclone had stopped the shipping so every day at 5pm the 150 or so male inhabitants looked 25km across to Tanna and said " they will be drinking now...be yumi nogat"

When the weather settled I arranged with a friend in Vila to have 50kg of fresh roots delivered airfreight - there were 2 flights a week. It all got shared out amongst the various clans and that night the Nakamal was full. I had maybe 3 large shells of chewed kava and was very effected, but nothing I hadn't felt before. After the fires had died down we walked very slowly to the kitchen hut to eat rice and the octopus someone had speared that afternoon, but after eating maybe half the plate the kava accelarated so fast that I couldn't even hold the plate or sit up. Many people had told me that food after strong kava knocks you out but this was the first time I had felt it ( about '96). I couldn't even get up to go to my bed 10m away, and slept in the kitchen hut getting drained by mossies.
It wasn't a sick feeling, just a helpless paralysis.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think that's a pretty solid summary of it. The last time it happened to me, I didn't have enough Hiwa left over for two nights, so I just dumped out the whole bag and drank it all. I laid down on the couch for about a half hour doing nothing.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
image.jpg
I am in search of the midlands that Steve likes but I do want to have a solid and dependable krunkish solution. Maybe I will call it "being kruzzed". In terms of alcohol, I want access to that 2.5 margarita feeling. You know the feeling... two is enough but you need to order a third one to know for sure. I honestly don't know much about the future of kava in the United States but we know about reefer madness in the past. A couple of you are kringing right now.

Bert07

Me like da kava
I hate the word "krunk". The kava experience is a very complex and interesting one. I wish there was a word in our languages that would really mean what one feels on kava...
Personally I use "methystified", it is somewhat logical ::kavaleaf:::bookworm:
The word krunk derived years and years ago from when the kava forums first came alive I believe. It just stuck maybe for the reason that it's so simple yet catchy - for some at least. Nothing seems to be able to take its place because of its long history it has within the community.

exit stage left
I'm definitely not a vet, which is perhaps why this happened, but I managed to kava-fy myself into that double vision state today. I think it's because the GHK kava I got today was so tempting to try and also stronger than the kava I'm used to. I'll be more careful in the future, but it's still different from being drunk. I'm clear-headed, and have decided to stop drinking kava for today. When I used to drink alcohol, my judgement would be so affected that I'd keep drinking beyond the point where I should stop.

It's not as unpleasant as being drunk, but not entirely pleasant either. I don't think I will get sick. I feel ok. But I'm not going to do it again.