What's new

KWK Fiji Loa Waka effects and other kavas

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I must admit, I have not had a kava hit me like this one. Generally I am a light weight, but I am beginning to wonder will most kava do this. Usually I will only take a couple teaspoon or maybe one tablespoon of micro. I get the effects I am looking for at that level (relaxed muscle, sleepiness), but I did three tablespoons after a bad week, plus added this to the left over loa in the fridge. So maybe effective dose is 4 or 5 tablespoons. This stuff goes right to my head and in no time (two 12oz shells) I am rooted and somewhat krunked. Not the bad kinda krunked, I am a bit unsteady on my feet, but euphoric in mind and body. Would I get a similar sensation with let's say boroguru that has a 24.... Chemotype? This Fiji loa has a 463... Chemotype. Having to bum out of work again today due to back issues, so just to test and be sure it's not a fluke I tried it again and yes same wonderful results...

Last edited:

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I was just using 2tbs/12 ounces and feeling good. I notice a lot of the guys on here use a lot of root per cup so maybe I am going too light on my mix.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
LOL just 4oz of Borongoru/Vanuatu3 blend for breakfast this morning to keep a little kava in the system through work.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Each cultivar is different. 11 year hits me in a similar way, but that has some odd chemical characteristics, so I rarely drink it.

Moi also gets my head in a similar state, but it always takes a little more than the Loa waka. That's why it continues to be my favorite :)

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Mixed 4 tbs/12 ounces last night and drank two shells. Whoa! Was flying till the heavy dinner grounded me, what a fun kava. I did two ounces of that and the two ounces of Borongoru/Vanuatu3 blended for breakfast and am now feeling very nice at work.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Mixed 4 tbs/12 ounces last night and drank two shells. Whoa! Was flying till the heavy dinner grounded me, what a fun kava. I did two ounces of that and the two ounces of Borongoru/Vanuatu3 blended for breakfast and am now feeling very nice at work.
This has to be why ppl lose weight with this stuff, you learn food for some reason grounds ya.

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
I read through quite a bit in a book about traditional kava consumption. The islanders used to use it to lose weight, and it definitely has helped me in my recent endeavors to lose weight. Makes you feel great and you can lose some weight? What's not to love?!

blindy107

Kava Lover
Don't let your nutrition fall by the wayside. Make sure you still get all your macronutrients dialed in. I noticed it to be a pain when eating around kava.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I wouldn't mind losing weight from Kava, that's for sure. I wonder how it tastes in slimfast LOL. Since the family wants to eat at a certain time each night it is sort of a buzzkill. You fast after lunch and then get home from work and it would be perfect kava:30 but then everyone wants to grub. I find early Saturday and Sunday mornings perfect for a kava session, the fam is still in their racks and I can get all twisted up on Kava and watch stupid bigfoot videos on youtube till the invading buzzkill hoard attacks around 11am.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I have knocked off five
I wouldn't mind losing weight from Kava, that's for sure. I wonder how it tastes in slimfast LOL. Since the family wants to eat at a certain time each night it is sort of a buzzkill. You fast after lunch and then get home from work and it would be perfect kava:30 but then everyone wants to grub. I find early Saturday and Sunday mornings perfect for a kava session, the fam is still in their racks and I can get all twisted up on Kava and watch stupid bigfoot videos on youtube till the invading buzzkill hoard attacks around 11am.
yes same here, cept for today. Came in said no food for now and I will let them go to Wednesday church service while I commune with the tree of life!