What's new

Loneliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damer

Kava Curious
Do you guys ever feel lonely? Like in really lonely?
I do. I have moved in my own apartment and have for the first time in my life felt loneliness on a really high level. It's really a strong emotional feeling, and I have never thought that loneliness could be a so intense feeling.

Even kava doesn't help when I don't have anyone to drink it with !! :)

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not a complete loner, I have lots of social life and I love going out:), I have just had this feeling the past months when I was alone in my apartment. And it sucks.

What are your thoughts and experiences about loneliness?

D

Deleted User01

@Damer. I am the opposite, I have always liked being alone. I come from a family of 7 brothers and sisters. :rolleyes: My last year of college, I moved into a utility apartment by myself and I loved it. I was always busy in the apartment. Homework, cooking, cleaning, getting stoned .... Ooops. Anyway, keep yourself busy doing stuff and you won't notice it. You can always get out in the world and walk around and help little old ladies cross the street or something if you need more human interaction. Charity work can do wonders as well, it always makes me feel good. If nothing else, get in the shoutbox at night and rap with your fellow members. We're one big family here.

Damer

Kava Curious
I can relate to you @Deleted User01, since I also always have liked being alone. (I am also coming from a big family). And I still love being alone. But sometimes(recently), I just get overwhelmed with a lonely-feeling that is too powerful. But I think it has to do with a lot of other issues I'm dealing with aswell, but feeling lonely is easy to pinpoint and recognize.

I'm trying my best to fill up my calendar, and these days it is really filled up. But when I come home from a nice social event, the lonely feeling can easily come back with a vengeance. This backs up the common fact, that goes like: "loneliness is not a fact, but a feeling". This is so true, but weird. I have just moved to a new location, maybe that's the reason. I think I'll just have to give it time, but damn, loneliness can feel powerful if it's at it's highest.

D

Deleted User01

Dude, if you are having relationship issues, then you may have to suffer a while. Those kind of issues can make you brood. And when you brood, stupid thoughts get a free ticket to ride the rail train to your brain. Hmm, maybe I can write a song with those lyrics. :LOL: I'm thinking that when I moved to a new job (after college) to a town where I was a stranger (you ain't seen stranger), I may have felt some loneliness. But I took a lot of work home with me and that kept my mind busy. So yeah, lots of things can trigger those thoughts but you have to keep your mind busy on stuff. I know it is a crappy feeling for sure.

Jayy

Kava Curious
Damn dude I was just talking to myself about this. Recently I moved into an apartment with my brother because my parents and sisters had to move 10+ hours away. Also because of my addiction I had to let go of all my friends that I had since high school and a few hours ago my brother just left to go to college in China.

So I don't even really have anyone you socialize with lol but kava helps cuz I can sit back and relax and smile but after a few days I get kinda low again....It's a bit of a roller coaster but I try to get out and do stuff. I don't have a solution but you aren't alone in being alone :p

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know what a normal social life looks like, i've only had glimpses of it perhaps. I have few friends which I see every couple of weeks or so. Also no activities besides going to the grocery store. This has become the highlight of my days. Damer, if you are able to fill up your calender with activities but still feel lonely, you might have trouble connecting with the right people. You can have unlimited scoial activities planed but still feel lonely - and in the end, we all are....but a good connection with someone can make you believe that you are not alone, if only for a moment. It's precious self-delusion.

Damer

Kava Curious
I have recently broken up with my girlfriend and have just started on a new education. Maybe these transitions explains a lot on why I feel lonely and anxious.

@yiki you are totally right about a good connection with someone. But here is the problem: I really want deep emotional connections with people, but I can only have it on a really high level with girls. My male-friends are just friends that I do funny things with, and that is good too. But I don't get deeply emotional with them.

Yea, what the hell, I need to find a GF :). lol. But it's easier said that done! Love doesn't just come out of nowhere.

@Jayy Yes, loneliness is really like a rollercoaster. When I go out and socialize I feel like everything is allright and nice for me, but when I get home and are alone for a couple of days, everything sucks ass.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Relationships are such a Catch 22 to me. You go a long time out of a relationship then you get all lonely and bummed out then you get in a good relationship and you are trying to find some of your own space. I think both sides of the fence have their pluses and minuses. So try and enjoy your free times as it fades too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.