What's new

Looking for a kava that will slap me

Hey everyone,
I'm a new kava drinker. I started using kava a couple of months ago to help with my insomnia and anxiety and it has made a huge difference in my life. I drink GHK's Mahakea most nights but I'm looking for a weekend kava that will get me on a similar level as my friends who prefer alcohol.

Now I know that alcohol and kava are different animals and extremely hard to compare. I just want something potent that is going to SLAP me. I often go to house shows where there's a lot of people drinking and smoking herb and I sorta feel left out with my little water bottle of kava. If anyone has some suggestions for some strong ass kava or potent preparation methods, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Currently, I am using traditional prep w/ 3 tbsp of powder and about 14oz of water and 2oz of milk. After kneading for about 10 mins, I load the makas into my aluball and give it a good shake (The Kavasseur way). I'm a college student with a college budget so I can't really afford to use more kava than I already am most nights.

Thanks,
Grayson

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Welcome to KF! Sounds like your off to a great start :)

Some slap me kavas... Squanch Waka, BKH Nangol Noble, GHK Hanakapi ai, Kavafied Kava Supreme, KWK Borongoru.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I would recommend a strong Borogu. BKH has a nice one for partying. Black Sand from N@H is good too for this purpose. Also if you are already digging Mahakea, make that a late day 4:00 pre-party 2 Tbls kava then eat a light dinner. After about 1-2 hours jump on the Squanch train. For partying I suggest a 50:50 blend of Squanch Lawena + Squanch waka. These above choices should slap you pretty good. Best of luck on your endeavors and try not to make all those other people drinking booze jealous.

Last edited:
N

Noname

Blend it with 3 parts water one part milk. However you want 2-2 or whatever just get some milk in there. Put it in the blender and strain with a metal strainer NOT the cloth strainer. This will make it stronger

schatz

itchin for kava
I have been in the same dilema , tried many different strains and nothing really put me on the same level with drinkers. I also enjoy going to parties with lots of different people usually drinking alcohol and feel out of place with my Alubal but what works best for me is Borogu form kalm or BKH, and black sand is really partiable. You might want to try the Damu special edition from Kalm, I am really enjoying socializing on this one right now. The only problem is it is limited so if it works for you it won't be available forever. You might want to just stick with Black sand or a Borogu that is always readily available. Best of luck, and let us know what you find works for you as were all different.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have been in the same dilema , tried many different strains and nothing really put me on the same level with drinkers. I also enjoy going to parties with lots of different people usually drinking alcohol and feel out of place with my Alubal but what works best for me is Borogu form kalm or BKH, and black sand is really partiable. You might want to try the Damu special edition from Kalm, I am really enjoying socializing on this one right now. The only problem is it is limited so if it works for you it won't be available forever. You might want to just stick with Black sand or a Borogu that is always readily available. Best of luck, and let us know what you find works for you as were all different.
I kind of distrust the illusion of non-ephemerality. Everything is ephemeral, and damu is honest about it. So it might not be a "problem" but a feature. Knowing it was ephemeral, I got as much as I should have, and so did you. But if we thought it would be always available, we might not have.

schatz

itchin for kava
I kind of distrust the illusion of non-ephemerality. Everything is ephemeral, and damu is honest about it. So it might not be a "problem" but a feature. Knowing it was ephemeral, I got as much as I should have, and so did you. But if we thought it would be always available, we might not have.
True

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I think Squanch is pretty strong. And Squanch too. But if you want something that really slaps you, try Squanch. Also, Squanch. And Squanch could also do the job. If you want to be on the safe side, Squanch is the answer.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
So I am going to offer a bit of different advice...go for a really heady, social, kava when looking to hang with your alcohol friends late into the evening. If you go for the heavier varieties you will be asleep on the couch before you know it. The couple of occasions where I went full kava while the rest were partying I went with a nice heady Moi or Tongans. A nice euphoric head buzz from these is great socializing much like a 1-2 beer buzz. As it gets later into the evening and things get crazier (when the tequila shots come out) you will stay level and in control but still having a good time. Then once you hit the other side where the drinkers are slurring speech, barely standing, and looking for a place to yak you can quietly find a nice spot to drift off into a nice relaxed sleep. The best heady buzz I have gotten is moi microgrind.

Okay so I got absolutely SHLAPPED last night. I had loaded up my alu ball with 2 tbsp of of the nangol noble from BKH and got about 4 strong shells from the first and second wash and a small shell from another wash. I decided to just polish off the bag so i loaded up another 1.5 tbsp and got three more shells. I was on cloud 9. It was euphoric, warm, head-buzzy and amazing. When I laid down to go to bed i just let the buzz take over me and knock me tf out.

Squanch Waka was actually my first bag of noble. I wasn't crazy into it but it may have had to do more with the lack of kavalactones in my system. Maybe I'll revisit it. I can say the customer service was fantastic.

I have realized that I need to cut down on my kava consumption to pay for textbooks. I'm afraid the reverse tolerance will kick and prevent me from getting krunked. Does anyone know what I could do to keep the Kavalactones in my body without having to drink kava every night?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Some think that reverse tolerance is a myth. When a newbie first tries kava, the taste can limit how much they consume. Plus, if you don't know what to expect, you might not "listen" to the kava as effectively.

The longest half lives are on the order of, what, like, 24-36 hours? I think that if you clap enough and you brain already knows what kava is supposed to feel like, you won't experience reverse tolerance.

schatz

itchin for kava
I have gone without the kava for 14 days to reverse effects of pre dermo back about a year ago and had good effects upon returning and no reverse tolerance issues. For me reverse tolerance was just perfecting my methods of prep I think.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have gone without the kava for 14 days to reverse effects of pre dermo back about a year ago and had good effects upon returning and no reverse tolerance issues. For me reverse tolerance was just perfecting my methods of prep I think.
the KMcK Paradox: with time and experience I "need" less kava but I've become much better at drinking kava so I can drink more.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
If you don't happen to be one of the people who 'gets slapped' off of 3 Tbsp...then you can't ask to both get slapped and refuse to use more kava. There is no kava that will hit hard at 3 tbsp...you need a higher dose. There are kavas that are a little bit stronger than others, but rarely by much.

I'd say your best bet is to try some Nangol Noble and double your dose...if that doesn't do it, triple your dose.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If you don't happen to be one of the people who 'gets slapped' off of 3 Tbsp...then you can't ask to both get slapped and refuse to use more kava. There is no kava that will hit hard at 3 tbsp...you need a higher dose. There are kavas that are a little bit stronger than others, but rarely by much.

I'd say your best bet is to try some Nangol Noble and double your dose...if that doesn't do it, triple your dose.
Also, there is the question of what people are willing to do. With pretty much any decent kava I could get slapped with 3 TBS of root, but here's how I would have to do it:

Knead a first wash for 15 minutes in 1 cup water, a second for 10 minutes in 3/4 c and a third for 10 minutes in 2/3 cup. Then combine all three and chug on an empty stomach. And just sit in a quiet dim room and do nothing.

But that's not what I'm into, I prefer a Sesh and a good mellow. But it would work and slap me.

schatz

itchin for kava
Also, there is the question of what people are willing to do. With pretty much any decent kava I could get slapped with 3 TBS of root, but here's how I would have to do it:

Knead a first wash for 15 minutes in 1 cup water, a second for 10 minutes in 3/4 c and a third for 10 minutes in 2/3 cup. Then combine all three and chug on an empty stomach. And just sit in a quiet dim room and do nothing.

But that's not what I'm into, I prefer a Sesh and a good mellow. But it would work and slap me.
Thats exactly how I did it for the first six months until I found my Alubal. Now I do notice a difference in potencies between strains for sure. Most Borogu's,black sand and thirty or so other varieties I have tried, I can do 3 or 4 balls and feel just fine. But for some reason I can only do 2 balls of stone and go to the top where I like to be. I think it must be the consistancy thing, I usually fill balls the same and shake for 2 minutes each wash and do 2 washes and chug a couple tablespoons of coconut oil with first few chugs.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
Hey everyone,
I'm a new kava drinker. I started using kava a couple of months ago to help with my insomnia and anxiety and it has made a huge difference in my life. I drink GHK's Mahakea most nights but I'm looking for a weekend kava that will get me on a similar level as my friends who prefer alcohol.

Now I know that alcohol and kava are different animals and extremely hard to compare. I just want something potent that is going to SLAP me. I often go to house shows where there's a lot of people drinking and smoking herb and I sorta feel left out with my little water bottle of kava. If anyone has some suggestions for some strong ass kava or potent preparation methods, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Currently, I am using traditional prep w/ 3 tbsp of powder and about 14oz of water and 2oz of milk. After kneading for about 10 mins, I load the makas into my aluball and give it a good shake (The Kavasseur way). I'm a college student with a college budget so I can't really afford to use more kava than I already am most nights.

Thanks,
Grayson
Find the finest ground kava you can and I do not mean micro. Regular root powder an example would be realkava.com Special Reserve Vanuatu Kava. I use a bullet type blender but any blender will do. Add 1 heaping Table spoon of powder to 6 - 8oz. water add in a good splash of Extra Virgin Olive oil and blend for a few minutes take a bite of a chocolate bar ( the soy lecithin will pad your stomach ) and drink it as fast as you can with no straining you'll be ingesting near twice the kavalactones you would using your Aluball or traditional prep

Munsoned

Kava Curious
Lots of good information here, but I really do recommend Kava Supreme for potency and price. It is the kava I use to introduce people to kava. The stuff is easy to get through Amazon, and can really pack a punch with two or three washes out of two aluballs.