What's new

Love Long Time

ThreeCardMonty

Raw Deal Maker
Greetings fellow kava devotees.

I am new to this forum, but not to kava really. I encountered it in Hawaii years ago while in the military and had a great experience. After that I attempted to replicate it with drug store caps and tinctures with no success, so I gave up.

Some years later when the Internet became easily accessible, I came across konakavafarm.com. Seemed ligit. Ordered some product, but if wasn't all that great (being kind). I did drink a lot of their offering though, and developed a liking for the taste of kava...even theirs.

Then something magical happened...

I was surfing the net one night and found nakamalathome.com. I ordered some Wow kava, Niugini kava, Fire Island instant, and my favorite: Shaman instant. Now this was more like it. I ordered a bunch of these products, and have been enjoying them a great deal for a long time.

The second magical kava moment occurred when I discovered Paradise Kava extracts. God I miss those guys so much. The honey lemon flavored extract put me in a wonderful place very quickly. I would have remained a loyal customer for life. Never got a chance to try their powdered offerings unfortunately. <sniff> PLEASE COME BACK FELLAS, WE MISS YOU!

When the Paradise Kava extracts and Nakamal Shaman instant became unavailable, I got pretty disenchanted and quit using kava. Then recently I came across the Kava Forums and discovered that there are other people like me in the world and I got excited. I also bought a bunch of kava products from various vendors here (Nakamal At Home, Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Root of Happiness, and Squanch). Just got home from a long trip this week to find the GHK and ROH products in the mail, so I'll be enjoying some of the Papa Kea tonight. I couldn't wait to try the GHK Vegan Chocolate with Kava bar though. It is excellent...a definite reorder. Feeling very chilled right now.

Anyway, thanks everyone for creating and participating in this forum. I feel like I now have a resource available to me so I can make informed buying decisions. And after I've had an opportunity to sample the kava products I've purchased, I will make it a point to post my thoughts and experiences.

Maluhia,

Brad Morehouse

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
Hey, another newbie here. This is my first post also, but I thought I'd add to this since I am in a similar boat as you. I started with the Gaia tinctures, because I found them better than kona kava. Then I found N@H and Paradise Kava! Great stuff. Thanks to this forum, my go to vendors have been BKH and GHK. I've had Kavafieds Tongatapu and I've got a shipment from Cactus on the way. I'll post a review for sure!

I've been lurking for a long time, but decided to post finally because the recent state of K@'s legality. Not a fan of the stuff but I'm from NC and have been to both Kat 5 in Wilmington (my hometown), and Noble Kava in Asheville. I need K@ to keep my kava bars in business!

Haha I wish we had some more Kava-oriented Kava bars on the east coast (the only one I know of is N@H, but never been there), but I just make sure to support my favorite Kava lounges through internet purchases. Maybe someday I'll actually make it out there!

But anywho, good to see a new poster in a familiar situation to me. Let's put up some reviews and make a contribution to this community! Welcome aboard!

Last edited: