What's new

Lurking..

Been lurking here for a while.. Great forum with a great group of helpful people here. I discovered Kava on my search for something relaxing that didn't include alcohol. ....Dui
In any case , I wasn't actually driving just hanging out in my car (on).. No lives in danger, but the consequences have greatly outweighed any need to keep alcohol in my life.
I still would like to find an enjoyable relaxing wind down occasionally. I do not take any other medications except a workout/focus supplement every morning (synadrene).
Sooooo, I haven't actually tried any Kava yet. I've been doing my homework and did finally order from Bula Kava House this week.
1x 11 Year Waka - Micronized Instant Kava Powder - 1/2 LB
1x Borogu Kava Ceremony Kit
(seriously the cute coconut shells sold me ❤)

Expected shipment date on Saturday!! Yay.
But really I just wanted to say hello to you all. I've been reading and reading and reading...feel kinda like a stalker. Many thanks to everyone who have taken the time to post, share education and experiences. I'm enjoying reading the forum. I'm really looking forward to my first Kava session!

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
Been lurking here for a while.. Great forum with a great group of helpful people here. I discovered Kava on my search for something relaxing that didn't include alcohol. ....Dui
In any case , I wasn't actually driving just hanging out in my car (on).. No lives in danger, but the consequences have greatly outweighed any need to keep alcohol in my life.
I still would like to find an enjoyable relaxing wind down occasionally. I do not take any other medications except a workout/focus supplement every morning (synadrene).
Sooooo, I haven't actually tried any Kava yet. I've been doing my homework and did finally order from Bula Kava House this week.
(seriously the cute coconut shells sold me ❤)

But really I just wanted to say hello to you all. I've been reading and reading and reading...feel kinda like a stalker. Many thanks to everyone who have taken the time to post, share education and experiences. I'm enjoying reading the forum. I'm really looking forward to my first Kava session!
Welcome! Make sure to report back your findings, and if you have any questions :)

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forums. Kava is a great way to wind down after a day "at the office" and you feel great the next day.

schatz

itchin for kava
Welcome, I mostly lurk also, but chime in every now and then if I feel I have something to add to the discussion. Good luck with your kava journey.

Kraken

Kava Curious
(seriously the cute coconut shells sold me [emoji173]️)

I'm glad to hear your getting a quality product to try for the first time just my opinion but it all taste bad haha worth it every time.
I have ordered from Bula k H in the past always a pleasure and come on let's have some koniak kava soon again please![emoji7] for real I'll spend 80$ a bag jude yes it was that good...

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Welcome! Make sure to report back your findings, and if you have any questions :)

I tried the micronized last week, a good buzz but my tummy couldn't take any more than 3 shells. I did 2tablespoons and 6ounces of water/coconut milk each shell over several hours. Tonight I tried the traditional prep and added my frozen left over micro.. Great feelings have hit me now ... :) it took about an hour for full effect. Head buzz for sure. I enjoyed making the kava traditional also.. But probably made it too weak and the micro frozen boosted it up at the last shell.
I'm enjoying trying it out and look forward to trying different kinds and vendors.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I'm glad it worked right away for you.
Yeah micro is rougher on stomach... I strain my medium very very well... it is weaker but I don't deal with side effects as much if ever :) enjoy ... ya I got stopped by the cops the other day for my girlfriend and I resting our eyes in the car outside the house... luckily I wasn't smoking cannabis but we were harrassed.... not fun.