What's new

Magic Malekula - what equipment do I need?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Absolutely buddy!... if you have a health food store around or a paint Store you can get either those or the strainers today although online would probably be cheaper. But yes your all set ! Enjoy !

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I don't tie the bag but a rubber band would work fine. That's what I do when I really wanna get in there haha..... but my paint strainer bags are huge.. so yeah a rubberband... heavy means that it is leaning more towards a sedation and will end upcausing more of a couch lock/ whereas a heady is more of a euphoric/motivated experience.... but personally I think it's more of a tail end thing... like heavy will end in a heavier sense like tired sleepy.. and heady will kinda stay upbeat longer... cause even the heaviest cause me to be social and uppy for a good hour or so. Like now ;) haha I'm uppy as hell and I had vanaautu boroguru.. which is supposed to be quite heavy.. but I haven't tried anything like moi yet.. so someone else can prolly help more..

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Wow what a great and quick answer!

But these bags are ok yeah? Just rubber band (or string?) plus bowl and water - and I got Magic Makeula Kava?!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I've heard a few references that it was heady.. but chemotypes pointed to Heavy? I think that's what I read haha.... honestly it sounds like it doesn't lean to far either way... what are you looking for ? Heavy or heady or a nice balance?... and yeah your good buddy. As long as you use slightly warm to hot water and massage the kava in there you'll feel aND see the oily.. lactones leaving the kava and entering the water ! ...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Okay yeah with the muslin .. I found it comes out of the top if you don't rubberband it... just don't squeeze too hard when it's rubberbanded tightly cuz it can rip! Other than that your set!... start with a good tablespoon and chug her down quick ! Wait 40 minutes and go again if you wanna :)

Makaveli

Kava Curious
I at the moment have a basic need.

I wanna attend my friends wedding and not miss drinking. So I guess euphoric sounds brilliant. Midway isn't bad if it means I get a good nights sleep towards the end.

I'm looking forward to getting past this stage so I can experience kava in more depth - something I only did superficially with alcohol. Heady sounds more like skunk to me.

Makaveli

Kava Curious
So I would like to get a nice 'buzz' off the kava a few times at least before I start on other things.

I have 250g Magic Malekula and 50g instant.

Any advice on how I could accomplish this?

P.s. today have had 4 tablespoons of instant and not feeling much although it is my first time

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Sadly I'm not a good person to ask on that one... I never felt kava much a couple years ago when I tried... but I never had good kava.... by the time I did.. I ended up with a new Intention.. which was to help me with krat0m withdrawls... to help sleep... at this point I decided to take a teaspoon and toss and wash it (medium grind) and drink hot black tea with milk to chase it and help activate it... this suprisingly worked like nothing I've ever gotten from kava... so I kept doing it every night and it jut kept giving me a better and better feeling almost similar to krat0m... which lead me to the forum because I thought hey there's gotta be more people who know about kava in this regard and there was... since then I have been getting a buzz off of kava.. so I really do not know how it works... but I can tell ya this.. when I stopped trying to get high off of it or a buzz... it came and was different than I expected ... I don't know how to describe kavas effects I really can't put words to it... there all so misleading.. all I know is I feel happy and social. Sometimes irratable.. but mainly happy haha.... I would just keep taking it every day . Until it just clicks... also avoid coffee... and other stimulants..

Makaveli

Kava Curious
Your a top g for helping me out Zachary - much much respect

Hope someone can help shed light on the best way to use Magic Malekula

But I appreciate loads the time you have given me.... Got so much out of it