What's new

Micronized Kava Review Mahakea

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Mahakea micronized from GHK is by far one of the best, easiest to consume, kavas on the market. The micronized process perfected by GHK is second to none and is a great way for both beginners and veterans to enjoy their traditional favorite grog. Music comes alive while drinking Mahakea. A couple of shells and it will have you pulling out your air guitar strumming along with your favorite band. It truly is a Musician's Dream. Much of this attributed to the increased focus or concentration Mahakea brings. Your ears will ring and your productivity will soar unlike most kavas out there. In small amounts it is a great daytime kava. Too much and you'll be swinging from the monkey bars like a child during school recess. Interestingly enough, over consumption will result in you sleeping liking a baby in no time which is a very attractive feature with this kava. You wake up well rested and after a cup or two of your favorite morning java, your productivity will soar through the following day. Very little negative day-after effects.

I like to mix my prepared Mahakea grog about 3/4 to 1/4 of Pomegranate/Grape juice in my favorite kava mug on ice. It truly is a great sipping variety as the micronized kava taste becomes very subtle when mixed with a small amount of your favorite juice. Mahakea has become one of my top three 'go to' kavas, no matter the occasion. I highly recommend trying this...you won't be disappointed (y)

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
D'oh :facepalm: I just ordered a truckload of GHK but don't think Mahakea is in there anywhere. "Musician's Dream" :headphones:, day-time kava w/added bonus of helping sleep in right amount - sounds perfect. That sounds like exactly what I want from Kava. I'm sure I'll be getting some of this soon.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Just put in an order for 1/2 lb. med grind to try out. If I take well too it I'll prob end up getting the Micronized version next time around. Even though I have a good stock of kava right now I can't pass this up I just keep thinking about this review. What are your other 2 Go-To Kavas, @KavaLot ?

D

Deleted User01

Nice one Kavalot, I can't wait to try it out again, I have a small sample left. I take it you made your patented "Micronized Syrup"?

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
So many reviews I can't catch up.
All of this micronized business has go me foaming at the mouth.....no seriously :nailbiting::wacky: hahahah :LOL:.

Great review Kavalot (y), sounds like a kavasseurs dream, I'll be posting mine on Chris's medium grind Boroguru soon and might I add that like many Boroguru's, it is a lovely strain for any occasion. :joyful:

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Nice one Kavalot, I can't wait to try it out again, I have a small sample left. I take it you made your patented "Micronized Syrup"?
I'm really digging how smooth the micronized varieties are compared to regular grog. They really are easier to consume and the effects are awesome! I haven't been scooping much out of my mixtures because I'm enjoying the mixed batches by themselves :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Just put in an order for 1/2 lb. med grind to try out. If I take well too it I'll prob end up getting the Micronized version next time around. Even though I have a good stock of kava right now I can't pass this up I just keep thinking about this review. What are your other 2 Go-To Kavas, @KavaLot ?
I can't say enough about Boroguru and Awa Moi. As you can see I prefer the more heady, upbeat varieties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

Kavalot, I got into the Hanakapi'Ai Instant yesterday afternoon and I can say it is very heady. I then switched to Boroguru and it brought me down. It was like a SeeSaw. But this was an older sample of Gourmet Hawaiian Boroguru instant and not the current batch. I just don't drink enough Kava to keep up with all the new releases. That is the only downside to being a litewieght.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I can't say enough about Boroguru and Awa Moi.
Awa Moi is a Staple kava no doubt about that KavaLot, at least for me it is. I haven't tried the Boroguru but it's interesting it had opposing effects on you and Deleted User01

D

Deleted User01

I am talking about a Boroguru sample that Chris sent out to 3 of us "volunteers" many months ago. That one probably has a different chemotype then the current batch. It always amazes me how a particular strain like Boroguru can be all over the board in chemotypes. Some begin with a 2 and some begin with a 4. If it begins with a 2 then it is couch potato time for sure and may even warrant a little Acetone test if it has never been tested before. Which brings me to another topic, who even does chemotype testing besides GHK? I think Deleted User and the AKA are working on a way to make sure everyone gets their Kava tested but the Hawaiians seem to be light years ahead of the curve.

infraredz

BULA!
Which brings me to another topic, who even does chemotype testing besides GHK?
The Department of Agriculture in Vanuatu does this sort of testing for around ~$25 per sample and gives a total phenolic (KL) content, and it used to have the chemotype listed, though it looks like maybe it's not a standard practice anymore or it takes an additional amount of money for it... I don't know.

Attachments

D

Deleted User01

If it's only 25.00 then why wouldn't all the reseller have it done and post the results? Hell they buy 100s of pounds at a time, what's another measly 25.00?

infraredz

BULA!
Exactly. When you are buying over 500 kgs (~ + 1,000lbs) of a particular cultivar/strain/sample, why not pay a measly $25.00?

It's what I've been proposing that we request of all vendors selling Van kava.

D

Deleted User01

Unfortunately, 99 percent of the sellers are not going to listen to us. Chris does it because he wants to know if is Voodoo is working. If the Kavalactones exceed the typical percent, then he gives himself an A+. If not, then it's back to the grind stone.

Infraredz, do you know how may tons of Kava that Vanuatu exports a year? I'm trying to remember an article I ready where they said that Europe was importing X number of tons of Kava. And who is doing the importing, Big Pharma?

infraredz

BULA!
Unfortunately, 99 percent of the sellers are not going to listen to us. Chris does it because he wants to know if is Voodoo is working. If the Kavalactones exceed the typical percent, then he gives himself an A+. If not, then it's back to the grind stone.
Well, they will listen to us if we stop purchasing kava from people who do not provide COAs of their kava, whether that be from the Department of Ag in Van, the AKA, or the Hawaiian labs that Chris utilizes.

If we decide, as consumers of kava, that we will not purchase kava that is not certified in some way or another, the decrease in sales will push vendors in that direction. The problem is that I don't feel that right now, enough people seem to care. If we get enough people to care, then things will change.

Infraredz, do you know how may tons of Kava that Vanuatu exports a year? I'm trying to remember an article I ready where they said that Europe was importing X number of tons of Kava. And who is doing the importing, Big Pharma?
Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 12.14.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 12.14.33 PM.png

D

Deleted User01

Ok, couple of things. PNG is not on that list but Samoa is. Riddle me this, how can Germany import 821.50 tons when they banned kava during that time? Who was buying the Kava?

D

Deleted User01

Anybody, what's the trick to printing out the post from Infraredz? Or can you email it to me Redz?

infraredz

BULA!
Anybody, what's the trick to printing out the post from Infraredz? Or can you email it to me Redz?
All of that was taken from the
JOINT FAO/WHO FOOD STANDARDS PROGRAMME
Twelfth session
Madang, Papua New Guinea, 19 - 22 September 2012

DISCUSSION PAPER ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF A STANDARD FOR KAVA PRODUCTS
which can be found here:
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/codex-alimentarius-commission-e-on-kava-safety.1577/
direct download link [PDF]:
http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/attachments/codex-madang-na12_kava_draft-pdf.64/