What's new

Make a micro for us squanch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Hey squanch, for us who prefer micronized you should make a micro variety for each strain, itd be a big seller i think

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Hey squanch, for us who prefer micronized you should make a micro variety for each strain, itd be a big seller i think
I have dreamed of that day. It would be amazing and I would buy a lot.

So yeah, me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatDankK

I have dreamed of that day. It would be amazing and I would buy a lot.

So yeah, me too.

+1 it my dude, lets make a petition ::indeedsir::

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I thought of this a few weeks back. The thing is the Squanch is pretty finely ground already. If you take a 70-80 micron bag throw in the Squanch and just shake it around in a jar and/or bang it gently on the side of a bowl you will get a pretty fine powder (and it kicks up quite the kava dust cloud). While a bit time consuming you can essentially sift out your own microgrind. If you wanted to take it step further a coffee grinder would likely have no issue taking the currently fine ground medium grind down to a even finer grind more suitable to the toss-n-wash of a microgrind.

ThatDankK

I thought of this a few weeks back. The thing is the Squanch is pretty finely ground already. If you take a 70-80 micron bag throw in the Squanch and just shake it around in a jar and/or bang it gently on the side of a bowl you will get a pretty fine powder (and it kicks up quite the kava dust cloud). While a bit time consuming you can essentially sift out your own microgrind. If you wanted to take it step further a coffee grinder would likely have no issue taking the currently fine ground medium grind down to a even finer grind more suitable to the toss-n-wash of a microgrind.
Ive used a coffee grinder for that before, it turns it into what feels like large grains of sand going down your throat lol

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Ive used a coffee grinder for that before, it turns it into what feels like large grains of sand going down your throat lol
That isn’t quite the same thing though is it? Don’t GHK and KWK remove other stuff first?

ThatDankK

That isn’t quite the same thing though is it? Don’t GHK and KWK remove other stuff first?

They remove the makas

evrnd

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry I don't have that available for you all. I work full time and have a family so I try and keep things as simple as possible. So I don't see that in the near future, sorry.
My FT job ALONE has prevented my kava business from getting off the ground. Or really any business besides my job.
Though I do wish you had a micro for lazy/busy days (which seem to be many) I, for one, am pretty freaking glad you sell kava in any form. Squanch is easily one of my top three. I knew this wasn’t your FT gig so thanks for taking the extra time. I made a big ass batch (bless those CTAHR people) just last weekend that got me through most of the week.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
If its from Vanuatu, the Makas have already been removed. I don't know about the other Islands.
Just a correction here. The hard fibre we call makas is not traditionally removed in Vanuatu, or anywhere else really. Some vendors do so themselves during the grinding process.

The most common method involves grinding the kava down till you get what we call medium or traditional grind. Then sifting out the hard makas before continuing to grind the kava down further till you get a very fine powder. There is another method involving removing the makas while the kava is green/fresh. Only GHK has the capacity to use this method since he grows and harvests his own fresh kava, but I'm not sure if he uses this method all the time. It involves a hell of a lot of work and isn't worth the trouble IMO.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That would seem to be the only option here, but a pretty good one.

Seems to me though that after you’ve sifted out your homemade micro then the remaining grind would prep up with a different effect profile than before the sifting, maybe even better. Anyone who does this regularly care to comment? Jimmy? Morgan? I have never even tried micro in any form, so I am the soul of complete innocence and ignorance here, but curious, always wanting to understand how kls work.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
Just a correction here. The hard fibre we call makas is not traditionally removed in Vanuatu, or anywhere else really. Some vendors do so themselves during the grinding process.

The most common method involves grinding the kava down till you get what we call medium or traditional grind. Then sifting out the hard makas before continuing to grind the kava down further till you get a very fine powder. There is another method involving removing the makas while the kava is green/fresh. Only GHK has the capacity to use this method since he grows and harvests his own fresh kava, but I'm not sure if he uses this method all the time. It involves a hell of a lot of work and isn't worth the trouble IMO.
This doesn't fit with what I already discovered, but I will research it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.