What's new

Managing Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
This may not be the right subforum, and I'll totally respect that!
The short being got clobbered with anxiety and depression. I go to doctors to help manage it, and take meds to help manage a recently found (possible) genetic quirk and mutation called a Seratonine Deffeciancy wich is pretty strange name for what it actually does. And that's build lots of the stuff that keeps ones head on strait. I humorsly say: oooh so more screws and nuts and bolts than needed?
Turns out scientists haven't a clue if this is right, and so far tests lean tward it being right. People that study things proceed with caution on everything fortunatly.
Where this short post is going is to say hey! For everyone on this forum that has anxieties, or oh buggers or what evers and varying levels of the blues: That is normalISH and you are not alone. One of the more energetic posters found it they to get clobbered with it and maybie what I ran into will help you as well
First bit first. You are not alone! Turns out Men reach the end of their rope and simply snap because they're told after a certain point: don't be open don't be silly don't laugh, don't have fears etc like Women do. What a load of...that is one of the most hurtful things you can do to someone!
Keep that very hopeful and helpful thought in mind: you are not alone! Some of what the depression is saying is you're game, your plan your thing aint working and that's great! seriusly it's a good idea to find out deep down in who and what your are something isn't working.
In my case turns out that's gotten into a rutt, and missing my SO's and being frustrated with nonproffit number 6 tanking badly.
So what I'm saying is litterally speaking to very recent experience between a bug and anxiety it is normal to get to the end of a rope and want to screem shout laugh and feel all sorts or mixed up. It's also very important to be open and say: well that didn't work. Lets do this very differently

Kava I simply don't know how normal or regular this is:
In my case I had to slow down on the Kava. Turns out for me certain kinds make it a lot worse. In my cause for whatever reason one of the ones I had recently made it a little worse than it might have been otherwise. YOu might want to consider that as well. Let it flush out. Keep the weird out, so as your brain and mind can be reminded: hey this is life. It is fantastic. The powers that be toxically encourage you to be down, and sulk, and brood alone. How does that effect you? it may not honestly! On the other hand with america having many very real issues from disatoursly unstable economy to what basics? It may more than than is rational or makes sense. But this is brain giberish so big long term problems cause panics some of those make sense some of those don't

For me opening up to be just way more just.. me. physically getting out of the house, reaching out to friends and profesionals and saying: yep this is rather dumb thing to put a stigma on! Look at it this way: in america someone has a bug, or cold or alergies what happens: we comeriserate that's very cool.
When someone is down on their luck, fealing alone, frustrated, or what ever about issues. They could be good issues: Oh my gosh I have a job offer! I have a promotion! Me and really great man/woman/It(?) said yes when I asked to be a long term partner or what ever the case is. What happens next: Uh er uh uh and in my experience anyway: awkward silence. Is that silly and wierd? They need opinions and support just as much then as they do when they have a bug. Or could be that person needs helping cleaning out a room or what ever. That's perfectly normal many people do that when their young so why should that change when you're less young?

Is it not pretty lame that in some cities like small town New Mexico that it's pretty tricky if not neigh impossible to find Meet Up Groups? that to is NOT normal. I for one enjoy going out on walks and hikes with others. Tur, or doing coffe and tea with others, I love going to PubImas (I made that one up):Combination Pub and Movie theater. Where we are encouraged to riff some movies, and order good pub food to share. I think that's more normal than sit in a theater and pretend no one else exists. It's also much more fun. Did that several months ago where a a theater called the VioletCrown showed some studiogible and OG StarTreks. And find it rather weird that's not common thing? Turns out I for one don't like being cooped up inside constantly I am solar powered, and humoursly ask: huh maybie that explains somethings about feeling more lighthearted and silly iwhen it's summer.

I am posting this to show people: you are not alone! I was more lucky than I know to have had friends and a doctor help. I am not alone and see that each day. Neither are you! Put bluntly it is totall bullshit to say to anyone hide it if you feel anxeities that are legit, and dont you dare spontiusly laugh, or rib something or say the day is could be going better or here's the cool things I am doing or what ever the case is.
If you're having a rought day just say so. get out their do not ever bottle that up! It festers and gnaws till it becomes a 4 eyed creature that wants to eat all you're cookies and choclate.. On the other hand if you genuinly are having a great day and feel energetic dance, and laugh and spread that around as well!

Kimmer

Patently irritable
No hidden anxieties here! All right out in the open. Been a very stressful couple of weeks. Dad (94) is getting out of the hospital today (had blood clot removed from leg). Good news is he can go right back home. Bad news is his memory gets really bad when his routine is changed up. Here's hoping his transition is painless and he doesn't have any more troubles! Meanwhile, I am a stressball.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
No hidden anxieties here! All right out in the open. Been a very stressful couple of weeks. Dad (94) is getting out of the hospital today (had blood clot removed from leg). Good news is he can go right back home. Bad news is his memory gets really bad when his routine is changed up. Here's hoping his transition is painless and he doesn't have any more troubles! Meanwhile, I am a stressball.
I hope things work out for him, that how ever much time you have with him you enjoy the simple things. If he can walk or stroll maybie a nice day out side as a father sone/daughter/other thing. For example. I have lots of weird and normal anxieties these days. Litterally taking each day one at a time for a bit. SO's health is getting a bit worse. After many years of heavy smoking she her doctors told her to quit or they wouldn't help. They can't help per some alergy and lungs issue with neer constant smoking She tried to stop smoking while she lived with me. And became a big bouncy energetic silly ball.
Fam's health isn't getting any better and they're aren't getting much younger. Not unless we can hurry up and make age reversing things. Father (80?) has early signs of senility and dementia, his already weird memory, is worse, His back is worse (Scoliiosis runs in the family). And I've taken it on to bake him and mother food, and bring them creature compforts, He's day to day for health. He's being rather silly about all kinds of things polotics ecomic thiings, pouty faced, and tech thingsSome sensable (bonkers world) some a little less so (Why doesn't everyone care about the command line and NODE!) Some more so (We need grounded tech! **** why didn't you make that a thing earlier ) And It's on me to keep an eye on him, mum, and the SO. Work has been hit and mis. Mostly mis and rather weird and silly and a right large pain to either get or keep, and some jerk places try to use age or dyslexia as an execuse for all sorts of silly and lame things. How does one improve skills with out doing or trying on new things, see what they're ok at or not without doing. Sometimes it's not actually a big deel to make a mistake, look at all the typos and spelling issues I make, but that's not a big deel, Their's spelling and grammer helps, and I can dictate stuff, and free or cheep services to do so.(for example)
I found out i'm not to bad at some amount of keeping track of Facebook acounts for some clubs i'm in. Others are better(and that's wonderful to know as well!)

I can keep an eye on things. And turns out I haven't a clue how to point google at a friends Aikiodo school...but neither does anyone else. I was trying to help him keep it open. I did do that. But for me turns out that search engine magic is...some strange form of magic I don't understand. I'm mudling along now day to day, Even in the short time I found out I actually do have A anxety and depressive issues, and especially for D-Depresion. I simply do much better keeping it moment to moment and day today,. But so what. It's not all of me. Their's meds to help, people to help, and small to large habits and rut stopping things I can tweak and try doing differently, after all if I don't like them I can stop anytime. I may like them. I love zumba, popping into chat here and reading Bubba-Bullas hillarius jokes. Or Crunkies words of wisdome and sugestions for Kava's to try next if any at all, (Hmm yeah yeah why not keep Poni Ono, and Eva on hand? Hmm ya know for a general go to from your posting a balanced head leaning one. could be a just nice,.. Oh try out Rahwaner or Hanakapi Ai! for wich he was right, it it's very centering and helps remind me of all the wonderful gifts of each moment and hey! you! come now step out of it and what are you doooing! oi lets go to check out that museium!)
I don't do gloopy weather cold weather well. I take heart many don't

Sufficed to say between all that it's little wonder my nerves get quit frazzled! .Or as I did yesterday After tying out for the socila media department of D Disney: Oh sh*** they'r reconsidering me? Ok ok don't panic, PANIC! no no don't panic! they may change their minds...again!.

I just want people to know here and where ever my travels take me: you are not alone, for much of anything. If you just want company for something? guess what? that's normal! It could just be to enjoy a spot of tea and a nice chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.