What's new

maybe I have to quit kava

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I do not know at the moment how to motivate myself to continue to drink kava.
After 4 months still no positive effect .. ever greater disgust of the taste and smell and still very soft stoolin the morning.
In a few days I still get nangol and nambawan, but I see no positive future for kava and me :(

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
What would you do before give up?
Hi There, I too am taking quetiapine. It is a dopamine blocker meaning it may block some of the effects of kava. I have been having to drink quite a lot of strong kava to get to the feeling I desire.
I have been reducing quetiapine and finding the kava is having more effect as I do.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Hi There, I too am taking quetiapine. It is a dopamine blocker meaning it may block some of the effects of kava. I have been having to drink quite a lot of strong kava to get to the feeling I desire.
I have been reducing quetiapine and finding the kava is having more effect as I do.
Ah, you helped me
But I hope most of all relaxation and that has nothing to do with the increase of dopamine?

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
Ah, you helped me
But I hope most of all relaxation and that has nothing to do with the increase of dopamine?
I would think the increase of dopamine would promote feelings of relaxation and wellbeing. I know what you mean though. I have tried a few heavy kavas and they don't really have a lot of effect on me and I'm sure it's the meds I tske.
I also take beta blockers and ssri. I wonder if the beta blockers stop the heavy working so well but it might be the quetiapine?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Ok if it doesnt work for you I will take one for the team and take your kava off your hands for you....sigh I know I know I am too kind. Honestly, I think it's just not working because of the meds you take, I mean if you have to take your meds id suggest sticking with them, but if you think that you could just make it with kava I'd ook at maybe getting off of them. I am not a doctor, i just pretend to be one when it's convenient.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I would think the increase of dopamine would promote feelings of relaxation and wellbeing. I know what you mean though. I have tried a few heavy kavas and they don't really have a lot of effect on me and I'm sure it's the meds I tske.
I also take beta blockers and ssri. I wonder if the beta blockers stop the heavy working so well but it might be the quetiapine?
Which kava strains have an effect on you? The heady ones?
So you do not experience any relaxation?

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
Which kava strains have an effect on you? The heady ones?
So you do not experience any relaxation?
It's hard to say the effects but lately it's been a full body mind and body just feeling kalm and at peace I'm drinking special reserve from kava kuai and it's my fav so far, very strong.
I tried hanapaki ai and vula waka which on their own didn't do a lot.
Borogu was nice just s slight mental happiness but needed to use quite a lot. Pouni ono was pretty good. It might be due to my body getting used to it, but definitely feeling it more recently and since reducing quetiapine. Going to try some Loa waka soon and definitely squanch!!

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
It's hard to say the effects but lately it's been a full body mind and body just feeling kalm and at peace I'm drinking special reserve from kava kuai and it's my fav so far, very strong.
Borogu was nice just s slight mental happiness but needed to use quite a lot. Pouni ono was pretty good. It might be due to my body getting used to it, but definitely feeling it more recently and since reducing quetiapine. Going to try some Loa waka soon and definitely squanch!!
You give me hope. I've ordered the special reserve today.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
You give me hope. I've ordered the special reserve today.
Cool let us know how you get on. I have found it the best tasting and strongest so far. I need to use about 1.5oz so around 3 alluballs to get really nice and about 4 to get really krunked on it, and in doing at least 2 washes with each ball. Do you have an alluball or using trad prep?
I have to say I'm a big guy 6ft5 and around 230lb so you may not need anywhere near that much.
Last night though I thought I would try and take it easy and listen to the kava and was definitely feeling it using 2 not quite filled alluballs which was 1oz and did 3 washes each to get the most out (the 3rd wash isn't great though it's a bit watery for my liking)

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
Have you tried micro? I discovered that I absolutely hate med. grind and now only consume micro. Also I only need 2 tsp so I save a ton of cash.

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
That website looks shady lol the products sound good tho. Lot of sites that offer good products have weird misspellings and grammar so not knocking it, I just think it's funny "this one is chocked full of kavalactones" xD. Have you tried their instant? I'm sure they mean micro, cause it's pretty darned cheap if it's actually instant.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Cool let us know how you get on. I have found it the best tasting and strongest so far. I need to use about 1.5oz so around 3 alluballs to get really nice and about 4 to get really krunked on it, and in doing at least 2 washes with each ball. Do you have an alluball or using trad prep?
I have to say I'm a big guy 6ft5 and around 230lb so you may not need anywhere near that much.
Last night though I thought I would try and take it easy and listen to the kava and was definitely feeling it using 2 not quite filled alluballs which was 1oz and did 3 washes each to get the most out (the 3rd wash isn't great though it's a bit watery for my liking)
I prefer the Aluball, too
I'm excited! That give me hope that you take quetiapine too and you still feel the effects. I can not reduce quetiapine before I feel the effects of kava.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
Monday I received the delivery of Nango and Nambawam. I don't have much of hope but I mean they are no complete heavy kavas

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
If you don't mind me asking, what does of quetiapine are you on?
You know I think you have to be in the right mind set too. I have drank 2.5oz tonight and still feel tense felt like it all day but my arms feel floppy Lol also I'm on my own, def helps to have people to talk to.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
If you don't mind me asking, what does of quetiapine are you on?
You know I think you have to be in the right mind set too. I have drank 2.5oz tonight and still feel tense felt like it all day but my arms feel floppy Lol also I'm on my own, def helps to have people to talk to.
250mg