What's new

melo melowed!!

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
A just had my first shell of melo and I like it ..very mild and relaxing ..this is my 3 rd go with kava ..previously had pk Fijian waka which after the second round blew my head off !! Kinda scared me for a while so I backed off and waited for the melo ..I had my shell half hour ago ..when should I have my next to sustain the glow without kicking it up too much ?

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Go for it! although from the timestamp you may already have. anywhere from 15-30 minutes space usually gets me to a most proper place.

CanAwa

Thanks brotha !! Ya I had already reloaded ..I think I'm gonna do the 20 min mark ..I got home and downed one right away at 4 ..had another one just now and think I need food !!

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
thanks! not long ago i was in a kava daze and dug out my NES to revisit this one. funny how those old games seem much more difficult now than as a kid.

CanAwa

I mixed my batch pretty weak this time ..I wanna start small and work my way up rather than hit it hard right off the bat again ..I mixed 2 heaping tablespoons in 2 cups ..but felt it really good

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
when i made my 1st batch of melo melo, i made it strong (on purpose) ... it actually blew me away, how much i felt off my 1st shell. the stuff can be serious business. It wasnt like that every time though.

infraredz

BULA!
I mistakenly made it too strong too, thinking the "melo" was in regards to the potency. It was the first time in over over a year that I had ever vomited from kava.

To answer your OP, I am one of those that recommends against trying to get hammered off kava (for my own reasons) but if nothing else, it's not going to get you feeling any better. Kapm and I describe it as "self-regulating" wherein you find a dose that works for you and the kava "tells" your body how much you need (which is usually less than you think in the beginning). Definitely try to work through the reverse tolerance but if you're already feeling good from it, don't push it I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Even after a drinking a metric fuck-ton of kava, I still test out new kavas in the same way- Start with 6tbsp and work up from there. I have yet to experience a kava that is potent enough to warrant anything less than that and I've tried all the commonly agreed upon potent ones (Nambawan, Koniak, Stone, Solomons, etc). I recommend doing the same.

D

Deleted User01

I second that motion, I drink Kava for the good effects but getting hammered ruins it. If I want to get hammered, I'll break out the single malt scotch.

CanAwa

Well I think every night I'm gonna just up the dose untill I find the perfect fit. I liked the effects last night but I feel I can kick it up a notch