What's new

Micronised kava

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I'm having micronized now. I use two teaspoons to get started. And I remember as in cooking, "you can always add to but you can't always take out.". The best kava session I've had were little bits of micronized taken over a span of time, like 1 or two hours.

ElDudarino

Kava Curious
depends on the kind of kava. 2 heaping teaspoons of Mahakea micro at once on an empty stomach gets me pretty messed up for a couple hours, but almost never gets me nauseous. when i've tried doing multiple bits of it, I end up not feeling as strong of an effect, and, ironically, it's more likely to get me sick.

I take the 2 heaping teaspoons, eat a little something like 10 minutes later, then wait for 4-6 hours before repeating the process, up to 3 times per day. For me, this dosage regiment is really consistent in the effects and lack of nausea. If I drink an energy drink, or even coffee during the day, it could throw me off - making effects more intense and the possibility of nausea worse, because Kava accentuates the effects of caffeine.

I like to time it so I take my last dose around 6pm, any later and it seems to interfere with my sleep. I have the last kava at 6, play some sports with friends, and by around 11 i'm ready for sleep. I make sure not to ever have caffeine after 3 pm or so.

Sunnys80

I ordered some low waka, borogu and boronguru.

The last batch i had were pouni ono and vula waka and i was taking 3-4 teaspoons which i think might have been too much. Its just that i'm used to kona kava farm which i hear is garbage, both paste and instant powder.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I may be using too much..
But I use it as much : 1 TBSP (est) per shell. So I mix about 2 1/2 shells at once in a shaker bottle with 2 TBSP. I usually have 3 shaker bottles per session.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Man, 2-4 tbsp of micro is my starting dose with a 4 hour fast before. That's after I've done my reverse tolerance work if I've switched kavas. Only buy big batches of single strains for that reason...

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
I use 2 level tbsp of micro to start. Sometimes I'll go for 2 more within 30 mins and then I'm good.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Only one tsp at first. Then another 30 minutes to an hour later. That's generally enough for me. But i can and do domthe same again a few hour later if i want to or need to.