What's new

Might have to downgrade my title

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Well it happened, kava lovers. I ended up eating very little yesterday, and went full steam with my kava only to have it forcibly come back up after 30 minutes.

I hang my head in shame.

Having eaten during the day is important. I knew this, but had to be reminded in a very visceral way, lol.

Sincerely,
PrivateKrunk

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
Alas, the amount you usually have?
I have yet to have such a bad experience, the closest has probably been after having maybe 3 back to back grogs (maybe 140g total).

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Alas, the amount you usually have?
I have yet to have such a bad experience, the closest has probably been after having maybe 3 back to back grogs (maybe 140g total).
40g prepped in 400ml of water. Comes out to exactly 10oz of paint-thick kava that I consume in one shot.

10 Years of daily drinking without an issue until I went an entire day without food. 30 minutes in and I was calling Ralph

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
The one and only time I drove the porcelain bus after drinking kava was when I tried the hot water method. Never again. ::nooooooo::

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Happens to the best of us. I had a mini-spree early last year where any time I drank kava made with the aluball, I'd get hit hard with nausea next morning. Started straining better for a bit using the traditional method, got back to normal, now I'm back to what I was before & aluballing with (knock on wood) no problems. Tonight is actually my first time trying to aluball again. I always find effects much better with the aluball, opposed to traditional. No issues so far!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
It happens to the best of us. I had it happen after a day on the boat and I was very dehydrated (but really didn't know it). Almost instantly sick, nausea and gave the gift of the gods back to the porcelain throne.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
When kava settles in the mug the bottom has sediment. It has been hard to stomach. I discard it. Maybe some heady good-tasting polynesian ones are OK, IDK.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Puking isn't uncommon for me, but I do 2nd, 3rd, 4th.....washes with paint strainers. I extract twice the kavalactones as the fine straining methods, but it comes at a price.