What's new

Migraine hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hi,

So I took a couple days break from my daily grog because my skin was getting too dry. Nothing scary or major, I was just feeling less pretty if that makes sense.

Anyways, my migraine problem came up with a vengeance. I don’t usually get this problem very often, but it’s been really bad when not drinking kava.

A thought occurred to me today remembering several months ago that my doctor told me to not hesitate to take my diazepam precription to avoid a migraine although it’s precribed for vertigo episodes. Sometimes vertigo triggers migraine and sometimes the benzo just helps a migraine he said. So I’m thinking perhaps with kava’s benzo-like activity perhaps it was helping me with that issue. Also other things are at play as usual, I need to watch my stress and diet a bit better. I still speculate perhaps the kava was helping. So I’m back at the grog again today after a particularly bad migraine which the rescue medication did not help, much to my surprise. I waited for the pain part to pass to start up the grog though.

Any thoughts or hive mind ideas?

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I have had the same problems recently. I have always had issues with stress headaches and this past few years it has also been migraines at different times, where I feel super nauseous and have to lie down in a dark room with little or no sound. Terrible and debilitating stuff when it gets bad. Kava has always seemed to help me manage and like yourself, when I would take a step away from kava the headaches always come back. Back in the day I would also take psilocybin mushrooms at micro doses (with and without kava) and it would help tremendously, too. Unfortunately, they are Schedule I and the punishment for possession is almost 'death row' here in the U.S. so I have stepped away from using those and was tired of dealing with the dark stigma our culture places on anything that is not manufactured by a pharmaceutical company.

The most pain I have ever dealt with in my life has been some of the headaches I've had at different times, and I've had some pretty painful stuff come up! Kava has been a helpful friend when dealing with these types of things for me.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
Hi,

So I took a couple days break from my daily grog because my skin was getting too dry. Nothing scary or major, I was just feeling less pretty if that makes sense.

Anyways, my migraine problem came up with a vengeance. I don’t usually get this problem very often, but it’s been really bad when not drinking kava.

A thought occurred to me today remembering several months ago that my doctor told me to not hesitate to take my diazepam precription to avoid a migraine although it’s precribed for vertigo episodes. Sometimes vertigo triggers migraine and sometimes the benzo just helps a migraine he said. So I’m thinking perhaps with kava’s benzo-like activity perhaps it was helping me with that issue. Also other things are at play as usual, I need to watch my stress and diet a bit better. I still speculate perhaps the kava was helping. So I’m back at the grog again today after a particularly bad migraine which the rescue medication did not help, much to my surprise. I waited for the pain part to pass to start up the grog though.

Any thoughts or hive mind ideas?
I wish kava helped my migraines. I have them chronically, and have for years. Since I only took up grog in the last 8 months or so, I can say that for me, there has been zero change in frequency or severity of my headaches. Migraines are just awful. Would b me interesting if kava were able to help with yours.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I wish kava helped my migraines. I have them chronically, and have for years. Since I only took up grog in the last 8 months or so, I can say that for me, there has been zero change in frequency or severity of my headaches. Migraines are just awful. Would b me interesting if kava were able to help with yours.
So it turned out the Flonase was aggravating the migraine problem and perhaps the kava was helping the issue the Flonase was causing. Several days off Flonase and my head feels tons better. Drinking kava happily the entire time of course haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.