What's new

More kava not equalling stronger effect

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi all, I’ve noticed something and wanted to see if anyone experiences kava the same way. I’ve noticed that drinking more kava in a session doesn’t necessarily equal a more intense effect for me. I tend to notice the relaxing effect after about 16 - 32 oz (4 shells for me), but anything more than that, I don’t really feel any different in the moment, although the next day I feel “hungover” - nauseous, mentally slow, and tired. So for me, it seems like 1-4 shells provides the optimum relaxed feeling, and anything above that doesn’t do anything positive in the short term, but does make me feel worse the next day.

In case it matters, I’ve been drinking KWK borogu and Tongan family reserve.

Curious to hear your thought, thanks!
In my experience it is hard to chase the kavain effect after the first couple of shells. The remaining KLs overwhelm the effect so it is tough to sustain that specific heady feeling for much longer than the first hour. After that adding more kava just adds to the heaviness for me. In addition, if I start with a heavy kava adding a heady one afterwards is not the same as starting with a heady kava. I think the kavain gets overtaken by the other KLs. I have only had one experience where the headiness and euphoria lasted for a really long time and that was my first experience with fresh frozen kava.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
In my experience it is hard to chase the kavain effect after the first couple of shells. The remaining KLs overwhelm the effect so it is tough to sustain that specific heady feeling for much longer than the first hour. After that adding more kava just adds to the heaviness for me. In addition, if I start with a heavy kava adding a heady one afterwards is not the same as starting with a heady kava. I think the kavain gets overtaken by the other KLs. I have only had one experience where the headiness and euphoria lasted for a really long time and that was my first experience with fresh frozen kava.
What I have done myself at times- top ups. At times between meals, or when my initial 2 to 2.5 hour kava bliss has waned some.

I mostly use a good instant kava in this scenario. 5 to 10 grams really picks up the euphoria and blissful peace and comfort, even if I have already been eating and I'm taking a break from a meal time for example, the redose still works perfectly to more than perk things back up again.

Sometimes, off-guard, is too much lol!

So I am not sure how you would compare the sensation and euphoria to the initial Kavain rush (which I adore too btw), but it is a very blissful effect, with powerful mood uplift too.

Lately, I've had some wonderful kava experiences starting with some heavy fijians- aka Koro Island and Kadavu.....then later switching to a heady like Kelai or Tongan Choice.

It feells like a superb compliment and synergy. The heady kava brings life into things, merges with the heavier Fijians, and always puts me in the best mood all of the sudden if I'm not already completely there.