What's new

more reverse tolerance

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
You know, it's really strange, but after not getting much of any good effects off Kava and then starting to experience it after about a month, a couple of weeks ago, I had to lower my amount. I had been using about 4 tbsp to make a batch and sometimes I would use 2 or even 4 more for an additional evening session. Then one day, I made a batch with 4 tbsp and I had to lie down it hit me so hard, nausea and dizziness too. Same batch of kava I had been using. Same thing next day, so I started lowering my amount. Now I am down to 2 tbsp and I get the same effect I was from 4 or more tbsp.

I guess if this continues I will save money. Has anyone else experienced this?

infraredz

BULA!
You know, it's really strange, but after not getting much of any good effects off Kava and then starting to experience it after about a month, a couple of weeks ago, I had to lower my amount. I had been using about 4 tbsp to make a batch and sometimes I would use 2 or even 4 more for an additional evening session. Then one day, I made a batch with 4 tbsp and I had to lie down it hit me so hard, nausea and dizziness too. Same batch of kava I had been using. Same thing next day, so I started lowering my amount. Now I am down to 2 tbsp and I get the same effect I was from 4 or more tbsp.

I guess if this continues I will save money. Has anyone else experienced this?
It sounds like when you started to actually feel things ("starting to experience it after about a month"), that was just the beginning of the reverse tolerance..

If you are down to only 2tbsps, you are truly a lightweight and @Vekta will be here soon shouting that he is the strongest "lightweight" :p

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
It sounds like when you started to actually feel things ("starting to experience it after about a month"), that was just the beginning of the reverse tolerance..

If you are down to only 2tbsps, you are truly a lightweight and @Vekta will be here soon shouting that he is the strongest "lightweight" :p
Hah, I don't feel like a lightweight. It doesn't seem right to me. I can drink more beer than pretty much everyone that I know. Always have been able to. Must be my Welsh heritage. I guess I don't have the South Pacific genes, or whatever it is to handle kava the same way. Maybe that's also why I had such a long bout of reverse tolerance.

Anyway, I just finished off 2 tbsp of Boroguru from GHK and I am totally chill, euphoria, relaxation, the whole deal. It's great. I love kava.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ha, Ha, well what ever it means, its all good for you. At that rate a pound will last forever. That's got to be a good thing. Much love. Roaddog....

infraredz

BULA!
Well I've got both genes, well if you consider that i was conceived on kava :p

I'm glad to hear you're getting the good effects and from such little amounts. Always makes me jealous to hear those things but you're the lucky one!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro

I've been dipping down to as low as 1 tbsp...:cool:

2 tbsp is me treating myself to an extra tbsp.:p

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well I've got both genes, well if you consider that i was conceived on kava :p
Chemotype
It's a seven digit number that lists in decreasing order the relative amounts of kavalactones found in a particlular cultivar of kava. There are a variety of kavalactones, but the seven major ones are:
1 = demethoxy-yangonin
2 = Dihydrokavain
3 = Yangonin
4 = Kavain
5 = Dihydromethysticin
6 = Methysticin
7 = Hydroxydehydratedinfraredz​