What's new

My first bowl of grog!

Justan

Kava Curious
Hey all! I had made a post yesterday, that unfortunately did not get any feedback. Oh well! I dove into my first experience with a decent bit of knowledge and I want to thank this forum for all the information provided.

I wanted to get a nice, realistic experience so I threw on some Fijan music and proceeded to knead my first bowl. I was really in the vibe. I kneaded for about 15 minutes and it felt tedious. I poured it and drank up and experienced that tingly numbness in my mouth and felt very satisfied. I held it in my mouth for a bit, as I wanted to really take in this so called horrible taste, and I felt it not only bearable, but rather enjoyable. It didn't take long for me to feel the effects. I was really vibing and did my second wash which felt a lot less tedious and more enjoyable with the fresh grog in me.

I used two tablespoons of Kisa's Kava to test the waters and I am very satisfied. I may just make some more!
IMG_20200215_232109_6.jpg

Justan

Kava Curious
Just a further update on my experience. After the second wash I felt fantastic! There was a nice glow I felt in my face and a very chilled body buzz that was absolutely wonderful.

My fiancee was interested so I did up a two tablespoons dose for her, followed by a second wash as well. She loved it! She also felt the cheek glow and the chill body buzz. Her mind tends to race, thinking of so many things at once and she said this allowed her to feel clear and focus on one thing at a time, and not all the random unnecessary things that tend to race. She also had some light knee pain that had been bugging her and she said that this completely took her mind off of it and it no longer bothered her.

Overall, we are both extremely pleased with the results of our first time with kava! I am so glad I found this wonderful gift of nature. I did a third wash with the remaining 4 tablespoons and added another tablespoon of fresh powder to give it a bit more kick. It has been almost 3 hours since my initial dosing and I am feeling so great.

My arms a bit tired, having spent almost an hour total doing separate washes. I will definitely be purchasing an aluball soon!

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
Welcome to the community! You've got a great journey of peace and happiness ahead of you with Kava. I can also recommend the blender method with straining afterwards if you're feeling a bit lazy. Traditional is the most popular on these forums - but I love blending with a bit of hot/warm water for a really strong kava.

Justan

Kava Curious
Welcome to the community! You've got a great journey of peace and happiness ahead of you with Kava. I can also recommend the blender method with straining afterwards if you're feeling a bit lazy. Traditional is the most popular on these forums - but I love blending with a bit of hot/warm water for a really strong kava.
I have been a reading a bit about that blender method. Seems pretty solid! Have you every used or heard of someone using a magic bullet? That is all I have in the way of a blender. It works quite well for what I use it for, which is typically making sauces from fresh veggies. I almost feel like it would turn the kava to a paste that may be difficult to strain.

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
You could try but it might be a pain to clean afterwards! I sometimes use a hand-blender in a saucepan if I don't have access to a proper blender and that works fine. You'll need to experiment to find the best method for you. Everybody has their favorite!

Justan

Kava Curious
Honestly I was a little shocked. It was about four hours, but we had went out to eat earlier and splurged a little bit for date night so it was a rather large meal and we both felt some really good effects.

Justan

Kava Curious
You could try but it might be a pain to clean afterwards! I sometimes use a hand-blender in a saucepan if I don't have access to a proper blender and that works fine. You'll need to experiment to find the best method for you. Everybody has their favorite!
I may try a blender one day, but I've honestly been really enjoying the traditional method. Tedious, but I feel closer to the kava!