What's new

Member Soapbox My First Experience

StarDustin

Kava Curious
I got some ground Kava from my local herb store today. Then I made hot tea out of it at their advice. Not much happened. I made a great decision and decided to post on this forum and get some advice. I grabbed an old tshirt and properly prepared the Kava.

A couple minutes later and the first word that came to mind was clarity. A change of perspective. Everything looks more peaceful and calm. My mind is at rest with a mild euphoria. No intoxicating high, but just a nice wave of relaxation. I think I'll spend this time to break out the Crosby Stills and Nash music :headphones:

I just ordered some better quality Kava and a strainer bag, so i can't wait to see how I can capitalize on these effects.

Thanks everyone for responding to my first thread.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well it looks like your on your way. That's awesome. Yes you may want to try to order some more high quality Kava. I some times get the cheap stuff. But Kava is like wine. Some are much better than others. I would recommend GHK, as there stuff is more like a fine wine. Amazon, has OK kava, but its more your cheap rock gut, kind of wine. As far as health food stores go its probably even more low grade than Amazon. At least that's my experience in Kava quality. But as long as you felt it. Your well on your way, to making kava work for you. Each is different. Some folks steady drink small amounts all day, why others do an evening night cap. You must let the kava guide you. Much love. Roaddog....

StarDustin

Kava Curious
Well it looks like your on your way. That's awesome. Yes you may want to try to order some more high quality Kava. I some times get the cheap stuff. But Kava is like wine. Some are much better than others. I would recommend GHK, as there stuff is more like a fine wine. Amazon, has OK kava, but its more your cheap rock gut, kind of wine. As far as health food stores go its probably even more low grade than Amazon. At least that's my experience in Kava quality. But as long as you felt it. Your well on your way, to making kava work for you. Each is different. Some folks steady drink small amounts all day, why others do an evening night cap. You must let the kava guide you. Much love. Roaddog....
How is Bula Kava House in terms of quality? I just ordered the Borogu Kava powder from them.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
How is Bula Kava House in terms of quality? I just ordered the Borogu Kava powder from them.
They have good kava. Haven't tried their borogu, but they had some excellent boroguru a while back. I can't remember what the difference between those 2 strains are right now, probably one of our wise old kava gurus around here will have to explain that. BKH also has fast shipping, so if you're in the USA, you will have it soon.

But like Roaddog and his giant kava making turkey just stated, the difference between different kavas can be quite dramatic.

StarDustin

Kava Curious
They have good kava. Haven't tried their borogu, but they had some excellent boroguru a while back. I can't remember what the difference between those 2 strains are right now, probably one of our wise old kava gurus around here will have to explain that. BKH also has fast shipping, so if you're in the USA, you will have it soon.

But like Roaddog and his giant kava making turkey just stated, the difference between different kavas can be quite dramatic.
Are online vendors the online place to find good Kava? I am looking forward to trying and learning about the different varieties and strains. I am a big coffee buff and I will never forget the day I switched from McDonald's coffee to some freshly ground french press coffee. Hopefully I will have the same experience with Kava...

D

Deleted User01

As you go through your selection process. Please read all the data around here concerning Tuday or Tudie Kava. Then be on the alert when you drink your kava. If you have bad side effects, don't blame it on ALLl Kava. Some are more "noble" that others, as Deleted User's Tests have proven. Have a Groovy Weekend Baby!

P.S. Check this out. They run periodic Promotions and discounts.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Pretty much. Unless you happen to live near a nakamal (kava bar), the kava you will find in smoke shops, herbal stores etc is by and large garbage.

D

Deleted User01

There is no better Kava than what is sold by the vendors here. That's why they are here. You know all about Coffee Snobs, right? We are Kava snobs.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Are online vendors the online place to find good Kava? I am looking forward to trying and learning about the different varieties and strains. I am a big coffee buff and I will never forget the day I switched from McDonald's coffee to some freshly ground french press coffee. Hopefully I will have the same experience with Kava...
Well, I can ensure you that the difference in different kava is just as much as in different grades/varities of coffee. I'm going to say more. There are some good vendors you will see recommended here. BKH, GHK, and NAH are the best that I've bought from so far. I think online is my only choice where I live. I've never seen or heard of kava in a store here.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes, I agree with what everyone said. I have personaly tried all of BKH, and they all rock. I definetly liked the Borogu, and there Mello Mello.