Change background image

Kava Culture Nakamal "clampdown"

Discussion in 'Kava News' started by nabanga, Jun 10, 2019 at 3:59 AM.

1. nabanga

nabanga Kava Enthusiast

2. Henry

Henry . Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

As one former forums member observed a few years ago:

"Believe me. You have not seen questionable hygiene until you have seen some of the smaller nakamals in Port Vila."
    JohnMichael and sɥɐʞɐs like this.
  3. Henry

Henry . Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

Head coverings sound a bit excessive. Especially considering the fact that there clearly are waaaay more pressing issues to address.
    sɥɐʞɐs and kastom_lif like this.
  4. nabanga

nabanga Kava Enthusiast

How are the servers supposed to pick their nose with plastic gloves on?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  5. Zaphod

Zaphod Kava Enthusiast

6. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Hemia oli kastom klos blo waetman nomo.

"Every day mi ronem drae leg, increase the speed, increase the mileage."

Afta, bae mi mekem "G11 Redimed (TM)". Spos yu we yu wandem Uber Eats olsem, yu save ringim G11 Redimed. Wan boe i kamtru karem redimed lo yufela kwiktaem finis.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019 at 6:45 PM
    sɥɐʞɐs likes this.
  7. sɥɐʞɐs

sɥɐʞɐs ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Review Maestro

"The by-law further prevents the person who sells kava from smoking and spitting close to where kava is sold."

The first thing I thought before reading the article was; if they ban spitting, it will hardly feel like a real nakamal anymore... But I see a specific wording in this line from the article which says only the seller can't spit. Nice compromise,...they knew. :smuggrin:
    tanna-spit.gif
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 12:31 AM
    kastom_lif, kasa_balavu and nabanga like this.
  8. nabanga

nabanga Kava Enthusiast

A few places have designated spit troughs like long urinals. They dont work so well though, as if a truck load of guys stops in on their way home from work for a shell and you get them all lined up at the same time, everyone gets covered in each others spit.
    Heres one from last year, with some cool lighting..[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  9. sɥɐʞɐs

sɥɐʞɐs ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Review Maestro

Can you imagine any other place on earth that would proudly and decoratively illuminate a 'spit trough'? ::awesomesmiles:: :love:
  10. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

That's solar/battery powered LED lighting. Who says Vanuatu isn't developing? Lighting the spit trough is important to ensure good hygiene. If it were dark somebody might spit on the ground.