What's new

Nakamal Stone' just arrived! :D

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ok so I just ordered my very first kava,read all I could and ordered the Nakamal at home stone' kava,sounded like most everyone recomended it!
Anyways,I ordered it on monday,and just got it! I just wanted to say damn,thats some of the fastest shipping Iv ever had! :)
They ship from Florida,and I am all the way up in NH,2 days shipping? love it! thats one way to put a smile on my face :)
They seem to be a very stand up company so far for sure,
I also ordered 1 of the kava strain cloth's they sell,wasent sure just how big they were so ordered the large,things like the size of a pillow case! hahaha! :p might be cutting it down a bit,no need to have it that big since I will be using small quantity's of kava ect..
But anyhow,very excited! Will be trying my very first stone' drink in few hours,will start out small,just incase...
I will report back on what happens,with the hole reverse tolarence thing,but ya...happy to say the least! :D

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Enjoy! Don't be discouraged if you don't feel anything. Keep at it, and you'll definitely see what everyone talks about :)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Will do KAP'M! :)
I have a feeling kava is what I have been missing all this years,latley somthings just been drawing me to it!
I use to have a bad addiction to opiates,bad bad...wont get into that but,even years later still think about and still sometimes "crave" somthing,Im hoping kava can replace whatever craving I have,and had for beer,alcohol and opiates,pills ect...as I age I would like to stay as healthy as I can,got a 4 year old to raise and show the ropes to haha:)
I feel kava has just what I need and I certainly hope I get effects from it as soon as possible but,I am a very patient man,lol...

Rishi678

Kava Curious
good luck man! Took me a while to appreciate what Kava has to offer and I am still learning to appreciate them more and more..

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
ok well I have a little time so figured I would give a little stone' a try ;)
So I started with just 1 over flowing table spoon full,most ppl use way more but I wanted to start small and work my way up as I have no experience with kava at all realy,
So put powerder in the strainer bag I also bought with the stone'used slightly less then 2 cups spring water,heated it up a little because it was damn cool from the fridge,got it nice and warm:)
dumped water in bowl.then put in strainer bag with kava powder and proceeded to squeeze and kneed it for 10mins or so,every few mins would take out of water and dip in and out of water like teabag,

Long story short,im in the middle of my first cup,since Im not use to the taste of kava,I must say the taste is crazy bad/strong..small dose or not! im sure after a bit of working with it I will get use to it,lol...
Mouth defently went somewhat numb,so thats about it so far:)
I made sure to squeeze out all of the water from the kava,and then did one more strain just to make sure its pretty clean,ect...anyway,will report back in a bit:)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ok its been a good hour or more since I started drinking the kava,I did finish it,there was still sediment kava on the bottom,guessing this is normal even after straining right?
but even though I only used 1 tablespoon I could feel a slight kava wave,my breathing slowed slightly,body got very calm,everything feels peacefull:) the taste is not good! I used a 16oz party cup,and did not pound it all down lol...I finished the cup in prolly 8 big gulps,over 15mins...taste got worse toward the bottom!
Im glad I felt a little somthing because that may mean it wont take to long till I can feel full effects,once I start feeling more I will up the dose a little as well,but ya:)
As soon as I smelt the kava water I was like holy shit,it smells calm and soothing,little bit tropical:)
So far I like!

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ok so did another little session tonight with the stone,
I used same as before,1 overflowing tablespoon,with 2 cups water,kneeded for 10mins,rinsed,,this time I used very cold spring water instead of heating the water up,big difference!
I also added ice cubes to the water after I cleaned it up with the strainer,
So when I began i had a mild headache,i drank down my 16oz over the course of 50-60mins,
I had a buzz already peaking threw half way finished with cup:)
Now I feel awesome! all smiles,no pain,no aches,kinda like electricty feeling running through the body,and mind!
headache went fast because i just mentioned to my girlfriend that i forgot I even had one lmao...
So aparently the hole tolarence thing is a thing of the past! I feel it,and felt it pretty damn good,still do!
Next time I will use cold water again,but instead of drinking over a 1 hr peroid,I will try and down the drink in half the time or less,im guessing buzz will be stronger for sure..
another thing,the ice cold water was 100% easier and better tasting then warm kava! worlds better!
Im happy:)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Careful with chugging too much too fast, @Bradley666, that can be a recipe for nausea. I usually pace myself at 4-6oz of grog every 20 minutes, and after 45 minutes or so, everything is groovy.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Oh man, this thread has me wanting to buy some Stone. I've never had N@H's Stone or WOW. SO TEMPTING! I should just be happy with my pound of Mo'i and half pound of Papa Kea that are on the way. Yes, that's it. I should be happy with that.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
haha ya u should be:) down the road I would like to try the wow...but I dont want to rush...
and ur probably right about drinking to fast,I ordered some coconut shell cups,when they arrive I think it will be easier to do a little at a time,then having it all in a little party cup lol...
I woke up this morning kinda groggy,nauseous feeling slightly,not sure if lack of sleep or doing "2" different batches of stone,stomache feels kinda weird to,idk had a big ass meal before bed,I think 1 session is all I will do with the stone from now on,it last a long time anyhow lol